1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surgery?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by the awful tower, Nov 7, 2014.

1. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a FtM transgender, currently in the closet (like, so far in I'm about to find narnia), I do plan to come out in the future, and go on hormones when I'm ready.

If the option were available, I would definatly go for bottom surgery as well as top surgery and hormones. However, for me personally, the way bottom surgery is right now I think that there is too much risk for results that I'm not even sure I want. Now, I don't want miracles, I'm not expecting to be able to get a woman pregnant or take a pill and wake up a man. I just want something comparable to the MtF surgery, something that looks like and does a fair imitation of what its supposed to be. But, I'm young, and looking at 10 or 15 years before I consider surgery.

So, my question is, in that time frame (Max 20 years) how much do you think bottom surgery will have improved?

Also, if you have had bottom surgery and the results have been satisfactory, please say so and to what extent!

Thank you :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

2. MN Writer

Well, with stem cell research going the way it is, I could see a procedure in the future when they could stimulate cell growth that would give you male parts, or something close to them, but that's just a speculation.

I don't know how exactly they would do research on better ways of doing bottom surgery since that would require human subjects to try it on. I could see hormones and stemcells eventually being combined to actually improve the amount of "change" that comes from them, but again, all speculation.

I have not had bottom surgery and I'm only just starting HRT, but my results are going to be the opposite result to what you are wanting, so that probably wouldn't be much help.

p.s. the finding Narnia part made me lol pretty good. Despite that, being in the closet is one of the hardest things a person can do and can cause a lot of psychological damage if prolonged too much. I don't know your situation, but I hope you find the courage one day to come out. I know I am much happier out than I ever was in, even with the consequences of that decision.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things are coming a long way, especially with the wonders that 3D printing is doing for the medical field. I'll give it about 15 years or so before we're seeing vast amounts of improvement.

4. Mike64

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am definitely interested in top surgery myself, possibly before going on T if I can get my insurance to cover it. I would be more interested in bottom surgery if it was possible to have fewer complications than currently exist and a more realistic looking and functioning result. Maybe by the time I am actually
    Able to consider it for real the technology will exist!