1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jellybean Queen, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Jellybean Queen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I literally only figured out that I'm gender-fluid 3 hours ago and idk how to react. I've always known that I'm not 100% female, but i didn't have a word for it until today and now that i have a word the concept automatically has more significance to me (before it was just subconscious and i just assumed that i was just having sensory anxiety because my hair was in the way and my clothes didn't feel right). Now that i know that being gender-fluid and identifying as a girl one day and a boy the next is actually a thing and i'm not just crazy, I feel like I have to do something about it?? Not like fix it or change anything except maybe how I perceive it, but at least tell a few people that I'm close to? The problem is that my boyfriend is 100% straight and idk how to tell him that I've felt some range of masculinity at least half the time we've been dating (over 2 years). He knows I'm bi, and he said he'd accept me any way I am but I think that telling him this might make him uncomfortable because it has implications towards his own sexuality? He's not transphobic, but he's cishet and doesn't even know the basics of T+ etiquette and idk how to talk to him about this.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's interesting how powerful our language is.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Words can change everything. :slight_smile: I think, if you are ready to tell people, then you should, but try not to rush into anything. I'm glad you've been able to come to terms with who you are. Your boyfriend sounds like a very accepting person, and hopefully he will have no problems with this. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Chriswe

First of all: Welcome to the genderfluid club.

Uh, that sounded creepy... Anyways: You don't have to come out immediately, not even soon. But if you feel like you're ready to come out to some people, go for it! :slight_smile:
    About your boyfriend, you got to give him time with this. You have to be ready to listen to his questions & give him your answers. You will probably have to educate him a lot too. This is a really confusing thing after all.
    I suggest you just sit down with him, when you're ready of course, and tell him how it is and how you feel about the whole situation. The key to a good relationship is honesty.

Good luck, and remember that you can always write to me on my wall if you want to talk.