1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and gay...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by the awful tower, Nov 8, 2014.

1. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a FtM trans, I've known that for a while now, and aside from the obvious sadness at being in the wrong body, slight panic attack when I first realised and etc... I've never really been ashamed of it, become trully depressed or comtemplated self harm and/or suicide.

I've nether really questioned myself either, something hadn't been right for a long time and I was really unhappy when I happened across a documentary about transgender people and was like "oh, I get it now."

But as I've got older I've noticed a few things, firstly: I'm gay as hell. At first I thought I was bisexual, but I've now realised that that was little more than a passing curiosity, and that my interest is only in men. Secondly: I'm camp as hell. While I'm ceartaily not girly: pink makes me cringe, shopping gives me panic attacks, rugby is my favourite sport and even though I currently look very feminine in my features (that's gonna have to go) I hate makeup and think that it makes me look like a man in drag. However, I'm not averse to a little jewellery, I still put a lot into my appearance and I like some passtimes that are considered "girly" (crafts, cooking).

All this has made me confused about myself and I know that when I come out my family will use these things to try and prove that I'm wrong.

Ok, enough blabbering, get to the point, any opinions and similar storiers on this would be greatly appreciated, Thank You :icon_bigg

2. Acm

Acm Guest

If your family gives you any crap about how you can't being male and have "girly" pastimes, remind them that there are lots of men that like crafts and cooking. Also gender roles are pointless anyways, they don't have any influence on your gender