1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What toys did you used to play with/favorite toys?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Nov 8, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

For me, I had a mix of masculine and feminine toys. I liked to dress up Barbies, play with pocket pets and stuffed animals. I eventually gravitated towards having an obsession with dinosaurs and I started playing with some dinosaur toys, and also I really began liking powerrangers as a kid. I loved creepy crawlys and convinced my bother to trade my big pink barbie car for his tub of reptile plastic creatures I also liked collecting rocks/minerals and such. I will admit, I did have an easy bake oven but that shit tasted good. I also collected hot wheel cars, yugiyo cards, and some pokemon. I had a gameboy which was my life, and now I want the newest 3Ds.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I played with stuffed animals. Maybe that's kind of an androgynous toy? Both boys and girls had stuffed animals in my experience.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I had a LOT of stuffed animals. I also liked Legos, Star Wars action figures, video games, collecting weird stuff like rocks, Pokemon cards, toy lightsabers and wands. The only really girly toys I owned were Littlest Pet Shop and I had a Calico Critters dollhouse. My brother played with all of this stuff with me though, so it was all pretty unisex

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dollhouses, building blocks and Legos, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Care Bears, marbles and race cars mostly.

Dollhouse was certainly the most common.

5. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

K'nex, Polly Pockets, Barbies, tiny tea cups, some Lego…. this clown baby mobile thing that hung over my crib, and this ginormous stuffed…. thing.

Mostly, I read. Learned my letters before I was one :wink:

Also, I FRICKIN' LOVED snakes/sharks/arthropods/octopi. Still do!!

6. antibinary

Soft toys, science, video games, and dinosaurs. Especially dinosaurs.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tons and tons of legos, and some other similar kinds of building sets. Also, Star Wars figures/toys, and Hot Wheels cars.

I also read a TON of comic books, and loved to take long bike rides, or just 'play' outside in the woods, take long walks with my dog, build forts, go swimming, inner-tubing, canoeing, cross-country skiing...lots of my 'play' was outside, maybe half of it?

8. SockPuppet

I loved anything I could pretend with. Pretend games, or making little stop motion movies were my favourite things to do. So I loved anything I could use for those...which usually amounted to actually figures (GI JOE's had the best articulation at the time for stop motion). I also loved comics, so any toys of Batman or Superman or Wonder Woman or other heroes were welcome.
    I wasn't a huge Play Doh fan, but loooved plasticine.

I also had a ton of stuffed animals, one of which I still keep on my bed to this day, though I called them, and insisted my parents call them as well, "furry friends" because I thought they would be offended if we called them stuffed.

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pokemon cards
    Pokemon games
    Hamtaros
    Stuffed animals
    And looking Acm's response, I think I had a My Littlest Pet Shop :lol: My parents were surprising chill about my interest in female targeted toys, which lasted while awhile.

10. Ryujin

Lego, knex, those magnetic things, wooden train sets. Lots of building things. I also had some toy cars and superheroes. I had some video games and collected yu-gi-oh cards.
    I avoided teddy bears, as I was always trying to prove my masculinity or whatever as a child. I don't think that as ever helped me.

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I had a mixture between masculine and feminine toys as well. I played with dolls (but not in the typical house/family play, I played with them like action figures), toy trains and cars, stuffed animals.. All kinds of things

Then I was obsessed with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and had many cards and figures as well as the GameBoy games of Pokemon

#11 NingyoBroken, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  12. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

GEOMAGS! Did you play with Geomags?! HI GEOMAG BUDDY!!

13. DoriaN

Lego mostly, I would make people and characters from my favourite video games with them and then use them like dolls.

I spent hourssss with lego, not even building, just interacting and making them fight or work together. Would make up stories and plots, like an evil scientist made a gender switch death ray and now everyone's genders are reversed. I was pretty young but still remember that, I must have been 5ish?

Action figures weren't really my thing, the only one I liked was spiderman, super heroes were kinda lame to me and I preferred video games lego and reading.

Video games were huge, playing since I was 2. If I wasn't playing video games I was making up stories or scenarios with paper or lego.

Had some other misc stuffs, but those 2 were really my world.

14. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My absolute favourite toys were ones where you could build things. Even better if they were functional in some way, like having a marble go through a series of slides or an obstacle course.
    I liked stuffed animals.
    My favourite toys that I actually owned were usually hand-me-downs from my older brothers. Transformers and mini cars were personal favourites.

15. AsheTheHuman

Stuffed animals were a big one. I also had a large mixture of G.I. Joes and Barbies. Mostly though, it was video games and books, for me. I remember the Moody Judy and Nancy Drew series pretty well. I also remember enjoying Sonic and Mario the most, though I still do, really XD

16. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oooo yeah video games!! Lemmings was my go-to game on the PC. I also liked Spy vs Spy, Mario, and Duck hunt. TMNJ was just too hard. Dragon Warrior wasn't too bad.

17. anonym

anonym Guest

I played a lot of pretend games with my Polly Pockets and Barbies. I absolutely loved playing with dolls hair. I could sit plaiting it and brushing it for hours. I used to borrow my sisters pony toys just for that reason! I had a bead set which I would play with for hours as well, threading them on in different patterns.

I had a couple of baby dolls but I can't remember really liking them that much. I used to push them around in their prams when I was about 3 or 4 but after that I think I stayed away from them. Oh, apart from when my sister got Baby Born and we were all in suspense waiting for it to poo :lol: It never did though.

I played pretend games with my brothers cars and lego as well. I also really liked building the Lego and Mechano. He sometimes let me play on his Play Station but I didn't really enjoy it that much, mainly because I was useless with the controls :grin:

My most treasured toy which I've still got now was a stuffed dog. It was about the only stuffed toy I ever really liked.

18. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stuffed animals, Stuffed animals, Stuffed animals, lego, marbles and dinosaurs!

I still have my first stuffed animal, a little blue puppy with huge fluffy grey ears :lol:

19. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was able to develop unusually strong emotional attachment to stuffed animals. I don´t remember playing with dolls or cars. But I loved construction sets and jigsaws

20. lizardman

I liked dolls (but not the ones that talked or moved or whatever, those always creeped me out), legos, and play-doh. I also really liked riding my bike. Those were the only distinct toys I played with. I spent most of my time using my imagination, pretending that I was fighting monsters or that I was a pirate. My sister kept wanting to play house, but that always bored me to death.