1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Ol' Fashion Tips Thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I've seen threads about clothing before, and I feel like a big giant thread filled with a myriad of sartorial tips would be extremely useful! Every gender's welcome here :icon_wink

Opening question: how does one pull off the "T-shirt-under-button-down-shirt" style? 'Cuz I really love it, but I just can't figure out how much of the button-down to leave unbuttoned :bang:

2. Ryujin

You usually see it down by like half the shirt. Maybe a bit less.

Getting a more androgynous look?

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yeah, I've seen that. I've also tried the fully-unbuttoned denim shirt with a white layer underneath, paired with jeans and boots and ruffled hair. I gotta say, I really like it :icon_wink

Hmmmm - for androgynous, why don't you go with something like this:

- Black button-down
    - Dark skinny jeans
    - Coat of clear lip gloss
    - Spiky hair
    - Boots

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Not exactly my place to say anything constructive, but... random fashion tips:

Avoid black/white combinations, go either black/gray or white/color. Full black, white, or a combination of the two is simply... not original and plain ugly, and boring. Spiky hair is so old century, swiped to the side using hair oil is a good alternative, or going all natural. Not enough people do this, so it tends to stand out as being, fresh.

Salmon and teal, go quite well together, just randomly pointing it out.

Undertones should most of the time be lighted than the top, but, on occasion can be darker. Black shirt with a gray one on top, why not?

Always opt for slim fit clothes, regardless of your body type, they simply stay... better on the body than normal cut.

Never contrast shoes too much with outfit, always try and combine belt with soes.

Accessories! Always, even if it's something small, it helps to "pull" the gaze of observers, makes you stand out.

No sagging, it's like... If i see someone sagging, i immediately think they are brain dead.

No white socks, or colored ones for that matter, always black!

Go for lighter colors, especially during the winter, it will make you stand out more, being more "fresh/clean/pure" as opposed to everyone else dressed in black.

Boots are fine and all but they shouldn't be too big in contrast to the rest of your body, also should lack any "marketing" stuff, like... Nike had these winter boots, all black, almost couldn't tell they were Nike, those were good, wearing ones with stripes and a million colors, not that good.

Learn to use this:
    [​IMG]

5. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you'd find this video helpful for your button up shirts. Or button down as the case may be XD For button ups, I think the top collar button and one more is good to leave unbuttoned but you can also go for the t-shirt + unbuttoned collared shirt look too. That's maybe better for younger guys in a very casual situation. Oh and that's really good for hiding curves, too!

Anyways, the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BOQsBk3bW8

#5 Ronin, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014