1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branching out to metrosexual style

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Curtis16, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    So this doesn't seem like a huge step, but it is for me. I went to Kohls and got some sweet deals on a bunch of clothes that are close to metrosexual sort of style. This is big because growing up my mom basically mocked anyone who cared too much about anything "superficial" which included fashion especially.
    I've always dressed out of Walmart and thrift stores, but as I was trying on clothes that were very stylish I felt really excited. It felt like a small way I am getting more comfortable expressing my true self. I also haven't come out to my parents yet, but these clothes will be a little bit of a coming out.

2. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's great news! What kind of clothes did you buy (like, which colours for example)? Your mother sounds kind of old-fashioned :icon_eek:

3. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice! I've always been on the more metro end since I have started presenting as male. It's been nice, since I work at Kohls, I can look and try on all kinds of clothing to see what I like. I also get a nice discount when I do decide to buy things :slight_smile: I used to hate anything that had to do with style, but now I enjoy it. Although, I still have my misfires when it comes to style sometimes..

5. ForeverYoung000

Oh..uhmm...what's a metrosexual? How many different types of "sexuals" are out there?

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got this definition from google

So, it's not a sexuality as much as a form of style :slight_smile: The sexual at the end just leads to some confusion sometimes.

7. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol, misfires... I do not have a natural sense of style. I'm getting better though. Luckily my wife has very good style and basically uses me as her life size doll. Fine with me! Plus I never have to convince her to let me buy clothes, she is always as excited about my new clothes as me!