1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I becoming genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kingLaser458, Nov 9, 2014.

1. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Up until recently I just assumed I was a 15 year old, bisexual guy. But ever since I started dating my former friend with benefits (boy, named Derek, 16. Super cute btw lol) I've been showing more feminine behaviors that hadn't I noticed before. In short I've been doing things that girls stereotypically do. Stuff like hugging around the neck or instinctively checking my ass when I see my reflection. So what I'm wondering is, do I just have like relationship jitters that are just making me seem feminine to myself or am I just realizing my femininity (is that a word?) now that I'm dating another boy? Just asking for opinions or where I should go from here I guess. I'm really nervous because I've never questioned my gender before. I'm not afraid of being both genders at once in my mind (I'm perfectly happy being a male externally) but I just think I might be overthinking my new found behaviors. And I almost forgot to mention that I've recently become very interested in girls' clothes. I don't know if that helps at all but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

#1 kingLaser458, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. Rainbows~Exist

I feel the same way sometimes. I'm a lot more feminine than basically all the guys I know but that doesn't matter. Just go with it if you feel comfortable :slight_smile:

3. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This one really cracked me up :roflmao:

Could be hormones because you're 15, could be hormones because of your new boyfriend, could be you trying to fit to a stereotypical gender role because you're in a relationship with a guy, or maybe you were acting feminine to begin with and you've just now become aware of it, maybe you've been hanging out with girls lately and started to mimic some of their behaviour, or maybe you changed your diet (not even kidding), etc.

(wow, that's a long way of saying "I don't have a clue!" :icon_mrgr)

4. Acm

Acm Guest

You can be a feminine guy. Gender roles don't really have any influence on gender, I think they're useless.

5. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So you're saying just be whatever I want kinda? Sounds good! :icon_bigg

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You might just be feminine rather than completely female. Do you have any dysphoria?

7. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I didn't mean completey female. I just meant that I might be passing between genders freely. Or don't have one and just am what I am.

8. sexywexy

I am reeeeaally starting to think that gender is for sillies. Maybe the ideal society doesn't give a F about it anyway? I check my butt in the mirror too cause I want it to look good lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: