1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different genders and definitions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alive, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Alive

hello!
    so im trying to figure out my gender right now and there is just so much information and terms that it is all confusing. can someone give feedback as to the different gender possibilities as well as the difference between androgynous, genderfluid, and demigender?
    thanks so much!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So the "Androgyne Identity" thread that you can get to through jay777's post should help you out. I can't offer a better definition for that one.

Genderfluid means your gender changes. On any given day you might feel male, female, both, in between, no gender at all, or something else entirely. What's important is that it changes.

Demigender means you only identify partially with a gender. For example, a demiguy would identify partially as a guy, and no other gender. If they identified as partially a guy and partially nonbinary, they would fit the label of bigender better (though some people choose the label demigender anyway. Ultimately it just comes down to what you think fits best).

Hope this helps!

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Androgynes feel like a fusion between a man and a woman.

5. I would like to add that people who identify as demigender mostly experience partially one gender and might experience another gender or feeling a lack of gender as well, whilst people identifying as bigender experience two genders completely. I don't know if that's clear enough and I agree that it differs from person to person, but there is (at least the way I see it) a big difference between demigender and bigender.