1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender dysphoria??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ADXV, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ADXV

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I may have gender dysphoria or something?

Growing up I was a tom-boy. My parents dressed me in boy clothes and I eventually stuck with it. Always played with boy toys, never liked girly things, etc. Around freshman year of high school I started dressing slightly girly. And now I continue to dress both tom-boyish & girly. Whatever the occasion and depending on how I feel that day lol.

Lately this past year I've had a lot of tiny moments to myself, talking to myself in my head saying "ugh I wish I was a guy" and sometimes it's frustrating because I just really do wish I was born a man. I really do feel like I'm a guy but born in a female body, it sucks lol.
    I've thought about the whole trans thing but not really considered it just yet. Like I feel like that's a whole process that I'd have to go through physically & especially emotionally (obviously). For the longest I've always wished I was born a male. I feel like I have a guy mentality. I've been told so as well by others that are close to me, "you think like a guy". Whatever that means lol.

I've always had an attraction towards females since I was 6/7. (I turn 20 on the 15th of this month). I didn't feel comfortable up until last year to say I was "bi". Not openly, but for those that do ask or are curious.

Being bi and me wanting to be a guy kinda of confuses me a bit? Or I don't know if that's what it is, you tell me.
    Like say if I were to be with a guy, I'd act, I guess you could say feminine (naturally). But let's say if I were in a relationship with a girl, my mindset changes as if I were a guy (naturally). And I'm not like forcing myself to act a certain way with genders either. I know this sounds weird but If I were to imagine being intimate with a female, it would be as if I were a guy & had a penis. But then I forget & that's where I get frustrated that I'm not a male lol.

I know what I like and but maybe I'm confused about something else lol.
    Is this considered gender dysphoria or...?

If you guys ever felt like this or something similar, feel free to share. I'd like to know :slight_smile:

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It sounds a little like you're gender fluid. If sometimes, you feel like a guy, and others you feel like a girl.(or don't feel like either sometimes). It also sounds like you may have dysphoria.

(I pulled these definitions from the Internet, I hope they help :/)

Gender dysphoria is a condition where a person experiences discomfort or distress because there is a mismatch between their*biological sex and gender identity. (NHS)

Genderqueer is a catch-all term for*gender identities*other than man and woman, thus outside of the*gender binary*and*heteronormativity.*People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as one or more of the following:

both man and woman
    neither man nor woman (genderless, agender)
    moving between genders (gender fluid)
    third gendered*or other-gendered; includes those who do not place a name to their gender
    having an overlap of, or blurred lines between, gender identity and sexual orientation (GenderWiki)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian