1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I put "They" as pronoun on Facebook...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FireSmoke, Nov 10, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

...and on Facebook I have people who I know in the real life who don't know I'm Androgyne as Gender Identity...

...what could it happen?

I'm not a native English speaker, so...I don't know how they can react to my choosen pronoun.

Since you guys are trans* and native English speakers, I'd know what are your opinions :confused:

#1 FireSmoke, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    I doubt many people if any at all will even notice. Facebook pages are constantly inundated with updates from too many sources. Those that do notice probably wont think anything of it.

3. sexywexy

Most people probably wouldnt even notice a thing :wink: but it also depends on a lot of things, probably. Like where you are located, how into facebook your friends are, if they're that perceptive, or whether or not they would even think twice about something like that. I doubt most people would notice much...

4. DinelodiiGitli

I have my pronoun set to they, nobody seems to notice. If they ask I'd simply reply that it was set to that by default or that I like to keep info such as my gender online private.

5. Yosia

I have had one person notice and say something about it, but they genuinely were interested and i told them and theywere cool with it.

6. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Mine is "they" - I'm too afraid to change it to "he". No one cares :grin:

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I put mine as male pronouns and no one has said a thing. Of course, when my birthday comes around, people will get a notification saying, "Wish him a happy birthday," and maybe people will notice then? I hope no one says anything. If people did... Depending on who asks me about it, I'll either come out to them, lie, or not respond. When it's the Internet, you have a lot of options.

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks everybody for your answers :kiss:
    I really prefer having "They" as pronoun. To tell the truth, I would put "He" but since I'm Androgyne, "They" is good the same. :slight_smile:

9. Hexagon

I think most, if they notice it, would think it's a code error. I think the grammar gets a little shitty, but you wouldn't be blamed for that.

10. stormborn

no one noticed when i changed mine to "they"

11. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone noticed when I changed mine, they haven't said anything. And I imagine they would, considering I'm not out. It felt really great switching the setting to "they" however. Great enough that if I'm fine with bullshitting an answer if anyone does notice :grin:

Good luck.