1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look very feminine without transition?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by edy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically the title says at all

I don't want to take hormones, I like my body just the way it is, I would just like to make it a little more feminine, that's all. Maybe I should work out, is swimming a good exercise? Well I can't upload my photo but keep in mind that I kinda look like the lead male from The Fault in Our Stars (Or at least I've been told)

Now in a future If I take hormones, would it affect my singing? I mean, I know good singing depends on good technic rather than anything else but I just wanted to know

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Swimming as exercise usually makes people leaner, as opposed to other forms of exercise that bulk muscles, so it's probably a good choice of exercise if those are the results you want. Moisturizing your skin frequently, especially your face, can make your skin seem softer, which is more feminine. Most female identifying individuals wear some degree of makeup, even when the goal is to look "natural" - a concealer, mascara, lip gloss, and sometimes a very light blush, I think, is what many people use (I myself never have, so I'm speculating based on what I've seen my female friends doing).

How feminine are you hoping to look?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One thing that I seem to notice being a feminine woman and very girly bright colored clothing helps in looking for feminine , make up too , It really depends on what your looking for would you want to pass as a female ?:confused: or just have a feminine look ?
    There's also ways to wear dark clothing and appear feminine too , what shoes you wear you can also take outfits that are boyish and turn them girly as well .

#4 stocking, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  5. DoriaN

Hormones do not affect your voice. Atleast MtF.

The most it would do is maintain your current range, since testosterone is what leads to a deeper voice, so if it is halted at a young age the voice maintains it's current depth and clarity.

If you just want to appear as a more girly guy, you can try the following:

-Light makeup
    -Plucking your eyebrows
    -Do target exercises to build female body areas up, losing weight is always helpful
    -Wear tighter tops, but looser bottoms
    -Paint your nails
    -Moisturize
    -Jewelry and accessories, preferably large in size or shape
    -Shaving always
    -Altering how you carry yourself to give a more feminine 'air'
    -Smiling and being enthusiastic
    -Instagram

Past that it's hard to do much without actually changing your body, it heavily relies on bone structure.

If your goal is to look female, you might have issues, but if it's androgyny then you can certainly skew yourself further in 1 direction or the other.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe I would like to cross-dress... later

I want to look a lot more feminine, these are very good advises

7. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    • men's eyes are really narrow so try to make your eyes look bigger by using makeup (some makeup actually makes them look smaller so be careful, youtube has some really nice makeup video tutorials). Don't use too much or you'll look like a drag queen!
    • shape your eyebrows to be thinner, wider apart and more curved/arched. BE CAREFUL, you don't wanna look like a drag queen by making them too curved/thin! Use a white eyeliner to draw a shape you like first to see how it's going to look
    • men have darker skin so lighten yours by exfoliating, drinking lots of water and stuff like lemon juice masks. Also moisturize frequently for smoother skin
    • try to make your hips look bigger by wearing wider pants (cargo pants for example), building up some muscles in that area, wearing belts, using cinchers
    • if you have broad shoulders avoid horizontal stripes, rectangle necklines, tops with very thin straps or anything that emphasizes the shoulders. You can also distract from your shoulders by wearing necklaces
    • male and female body fat distribution is different; while more body fat (up to a certain degree of course) emphasizes a woman's features it will make your male body look even more male, so try to lose some weight. For a typical body without too much muscle you can stick to the BMI - don't ever go below 18.5 (I'd stick to 19.5-20.5 range just be safe but that's just me)
    • men tend to make themselves look bigger so if you wanna appear feminine you have to make yourself look smaller (pull your shoulders back, head up, don't take a wide stance, keep elbows near your body, don't make big movements, sit with legs closed, cross legs on knee, don't turn feet away from body too much when sitting)
    • When walking relax (especially your lower back) and take smaller steps - women walk with their hips! Don't sway them too much or you'll look ridiculous. This may sound stupid but belly-dancing exercises helped me get used to hip movement. If you really relax your lower back/body and pull shoulders back you'll probably already have a little hip sway without having to "fake" anything
    • women have different body posture because they're more flexible, you can easily spot a male because they always seem stiff and robot-like. Stretching every day helps (especially legs/hips). Relax your body and don't move too fast, you want to appear graceful (again, this may sound really stupid but for me it kinda feels like flowing water)
    • men have different body odor so try to cover that up by using female deodorants/perfumes
    • even if you don't do voice training try not to sound too monotone, the female voice sounds more tonal (listen to some Mandarin if you don't know what I'm talking about)
    • also, women speak differently so try to avoid typical male speech like "awesome", "cool", "dude", etc. (stereotype alert, no offense)
    • try to smile more and make use of your eyes
    • if you wear glasses use a frame that complements your face

4m4y4 likes this.
  8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, it sounds very complex

When I see women I don't realize they do all these things! Even shy girls move along with their hips?

9. I am Kakashi

Yoga and Pilates are also good to slim down/ tone up a bit and won't make you muscley :slight_smile: (Although a lot of that kind of thing is dependent on hormones).

10. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Female hip bone structure is different so their thigh bones don't move the same way ours do (that's why their hips "sway" when walking).

Even if some women do it on purpose to look sexy they're exaggerating an already natural movement. On the other hand some may have smaller hips which don't sway much if at all.

Why is this kind of stuff important? Because your feminine qualities/vibes may be able to distract people from your more manly features (example: if they're dazzled by your gorgeous eyes they may not notice your male jaw bones that much :love:slight_smile:.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    OK I get it but what if I don't have a huge butt not to mention my hips are practically non-existen lol!

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can do a lot with clothing... with colours, and a belt... flowing trousers...
    remember not all women have an hourglass figure...

13. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, there's a lot I have to do!

I'm having a lot of issues with the "hip" thing, I mean I don't want to exaggerate and look ridiculous

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Make-up
    Nail polish
    Hair removal
    Padded bra
    Bright colours
    Feminine attire

If your vocal cords have already thickened, the hormones probably wouldn't have too much of an effect on your voice. You can get lessons if you want to make it higher.

15. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Make-up
    Nail polish
    Hair removal
    Padded bra
    Bright colours
    Feminine attire

If your vocal cords have already thickened, the hormones probably wouldn't have too much of an effect on your voice. You can get lessons if you want to make it higher.