1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoric/confused as hell :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 14, 2014.

1. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Hey, y'all.

So I've mentioned this before - and some of my fellow FTMs agreed that they felt it too: a kind of nausea/shame that occurs when I touch my breasts, especially the nipple area. I just can't do it for more than a few seconds - I end up shivering and almost-retching, and the feeling of shame doesn't leave immediately (as I'm typing, I'm feeling a sort of depressed/shameful sensation well up in my chest). Well, I looked it up, and a lot of cisgender women apparently feel that - which has me really confused. Is this a normal - as in "common" - thing for FAAB people?

I'm starting to doubt my identity again, which is always torturous and confusing :bang: I mean, I don't like my breasts - but my mom said that most cisgender females don't like theirs, either. Is this true??

Thanks…

- Lyman

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    welll depends on how big they are and if they are killing your back.but i dont see you as cis in this case

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yeah, like mine are practically nonexistent. I'm VERY flat-chested. Even if I wear a shirt that isn't oversized AND stand up straight, you can barely tell I've got breasts.

But I still know they're there and just ughhhhh :tears:

4. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hmm maybe you arent entirely ftm but ftm is like a spectrum and very much subject to ones definitions of masculinity so you dont need to question you can still be ftm i will still love you either way furrrend

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ftm guys hate their periods, so does the cis females. The gender they identify with is what makes them different as well as the reasons for them to not like their breasts/periods. You said that other transmen have this same feeling as you do, right? So, I guess it just makes you a DFAB person and not less trans than you are. By the way, there are other reasons for you to identify as trans and just because you experience something cis women do or like something feminine doesn't mean that you're suddely one of them. The only thing that makes someone a woman is identifying herself as such, if you don't then you're not a woman.

6. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yeah, the first time I got my period I was in SEVERE denial. I mean, my underwear was literally red, I was in intense pain, and I was ready to puke my guts out… and I was like "NOPE HAHAHAHA I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT!"

Maybe that was a manifestation of my "I'm not female" mentality, and I just didn't know it?

I think part of the reason I'm so confused is that my mom doesn't think I'm transgender, because "you were born with a healthy female body". Which, actually, I'm not very sure about, as I've shown symptoms of abnormal androgen levels since babyhood…

7. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    -snugs lyman- -purrs loudly-

8. I am Kakashi

Some female-bodied people just have SUPER sensitive nipples, definitely not anything to worry about. And it seems most cis males have that feeling, and don't like their nipples played with, so actually not wanting your nips to be touched is actually more common in guys. :0 Although dysphoria on top could definitely aggravate that weird feeling.

9. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's a question of reason, I mean, most cis-women hate their period, so do FtMs, but for different reasons. I think that most cis-women hate their breasts becuse they're too small, or hurt their back, or bounce and get annoying, definetly not becuse they make them look feminine.