1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just really confused.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kcm, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kcm

kcm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was hoping to just get some advice :slight_smile:

Basically, I'm confused about my sexual orientation and its just really frustrating. :/

I've thought I was straight my entire life. I'm an 18 year old girl. I had crushes on boys since I can remember. In fifth grade I had a diary about all the guys I thought were cute (lol kinda embarrassing to admit). I went through a boy crazy phase in high school. In about February of last year, I got really high and had a bad reaction and my friend (a girl) was taking care of me and I just wanted to kiss her and I truly felt I was in love with her. You know, I was high so I don't know exactly how legitimate those feelings were.

Anyway, I didn't think anything of it. A few months later I met a boy who I totally liked...we started dating, went to prom together. I lost my virginity to him and I like having sex with him except sometimes I wonder if lesbian sex would be better and I feel like that ruins the moment. Our relationship is great, he's perfect and I mean perfect, best guy I ever talked to. He's been away for a few months because he is in the military and I met a lesbian who I thought was really cool and something attracted to me to her. Ever since then I got pretty paranoid and started thinking I was a lesbian. I realized that lesbians turned me on. I think I am starting to have a crush on my roommate too and I think I loved that one friend. I even decided I was a lesbian.

Then this guy was flirting with me and I decided I wasn't because I liked it. What?

Idk what it is but I just keep imaging myself being with a woman...I want to feel those feelings I felt when I was high, like I was in love. I feel like I have felt that with my boyfriend but now that I have these thoughts in my head I can't feel them again. Something in my mind keeps telling me that I won't experience those feelings unless it was with a woman. Thing is, I don't think I am sexually attracted to women and I can't imagine myself ever being with a woman but then I say to myself I've never tried it and I just don't know.

And I always guilty for feeling this way because I have a boyfriend. Is it not fair to him that I'm so confused and I dont know what I want?

I feel like my curiosity is holding me back from my great relationship with my boyfriend. I can't explain it. I think I am a lesbian sometimes but if I could forget about those feelings then I'd have the best relationship with him.

I don't want to break up with him to only find out these feelings are untrue, that I really want a relationship with a man and I could've had a great relationship with my boyfriend. If I date a woman, will I just keep wondering if I should be with a man? If I don't explore my sexuality will I regret it? Will these feelings ever go away? Am I just paranoid...

Ugh. Idk what to do.
    A few more details I want to add..When I'm drunk I like men. I want men and I want to make out with them. I made out with my friend who is a girl once and I felt really weird about it. Now I think it was just because I have homophobic thoughts maybe... Wish I knew what was going on!

Ah, I wish I knew what to do. Anyone ever experience something similar? Btw I wouldn't mind being a lesbian. I have supportive friends and families...

2. Images and Words

It seems to me like you're bi. Bisexuality exists on a spectrum, so you don't have to be attracted to people to the same degree. Bisexuals also aren't necessarily attracted to the 2 different genders at the same time, this could explain what you are feeling with sometimes being attracted to men and other times women.
    Good luck and I hope this helped.
    (*hug*)