1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and being trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by the awful tower, Nov 14, 2014.

1. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a gay transguy, and I know that dating as a trans isn't going to be easy:bang:, but I'd like to know (as I'm sure many others also would) whether my trans-ness has signed my romantic order of execution or whether there's still hope.

Any answers appreciated, thanks:icon_bigg

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this question is probably best answered by the forum's trans community, all I can say is... I'd date a trans guy! :slight_smile: I know I'm not the only one!

3. Acm

Acm Guest

Being trans makes dating harder, but I have seen gay trans guys in relationships with other guys before so it's not impossible

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some guys don't mind dating transmen, but not all of them. So, you can have a boyfriend that accept who you are. It's just a little harder to find these guys.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

One of my best friends is bisexual, and he was in a two year relationship with a cis guy, and regularly hooks up with cis men. Being trans doesn't seem to prohibit him much, same for others.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually friends with several guys who'd date a transman without a second thought! So, guys who'd be interested in you are out there!

As far as hope goes, my girlfriend met me after I came out as trans and she's always loved me as the woman I am... We've been a couple for about 4 years now :slight_smile: It wasn't easy but almost all of the hang ups were on my end and in my head. So It's not impossible to find love!

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There are gay guys who like trans guys out there. Or you could find a bisexual or trans guy too. I would date trans women, so I know that other cis monosexuals out there would go for it.

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I only know one ftM transgender, and I would totally date him if it wasn't because he's entirely attracted to women and I don't let other people see the woman in me :frowning2:

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, I've been with my partner for about...6 months. There's definitely hope- in fact, there's a lot of gay and bisexual men who admire trans men.

It takes a lot of patience but it'll happen, buddy.