1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a confusing situation...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by IS92, Nov 14, 2014.

1. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I met this girl, and I really like her, but.... she doesn't know I'm trans. She thinks I'm a girl, because due to parental situations, I look like one still. Not correcting her is making me dysphoric as hell, but I have no idea how to tell her and not have her think I've been lying to her or something... any ideas on how I could broach the subject?

2. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Just tell her straight away :grin: It'll be a huge relief to you, and who knows? Maybe she won't be averse to the idea of dating a trans* guy :icon_wink

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in the same situation, except the girl I like is a lesbian, so the only shot I have with her is if I don't transition, which is really frustrating.

I'd say, get close to her first. If you're already close to her, you can bring it up casually in a conversation. Your trans-ness, not your crush for her. And then, as she finally gets used to it, you can choose when to tell her you like her.

4. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, guys. I'm thinking a slow approach is probably best, since I'm not all that close to her at the moment...

And I can really empathize with you, Tai. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the girl I like is a lesbian as well.