1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't be who i am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ktr123, Nov 14, 2014.

1. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so i live a life of being trans and i have to be female my family very big on gender roles and things like that we went shopping a few days ago i asked if i could shop in the male part of it and she said no your a young woman you shop in the girl part and we got a cocktail party coming up and i have to wear a dress same with at school my mum gets angry at me if i don't shave now most of this hard time is making me in a bad mood a lot i started binding not to long ago i just hope they won't find out because i'm scared something bad will happen i really what to be the young man inside of me but i can't i'm suck as something i'm not

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am sorry that she is acting this way toward you , have you tried to talk to her and tell her how you feel or even discussed homosexuality with her is she ok with it against it or what ? I know that you said you want to be a young man and that is great .You may may have to wait till you are old enough to move out if your mother is being difficult . I am not sure what to tell you I am sorry I wish you the best of luck tho

3. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i have gone into the LGBT of homosexual and she a very open and supportive person but i have no clue what she thinks of trans people and i don't what to make her fell like she lost her little girl and i don't know how to bring up trans randomly i was thinking to wait to just in case

4. I am Kakashi

Being so young, it may be best to wait :frowning2: But if you're unsure of how your mom will react, it may be best to go the psychological route. Explain that you may have gender dysphoria, and that you'd like to go to counseling. Or maybe even before that, talking to a counselor or trusted teacher at school, then deciding when to talk to your mom.

But until you have a license/ car wherein you can go to counseling, GLBT support groups, etc, it's probably going to be pretty hard.

I know it's not very helpful, but at such a young age it's pretty hard to do much, except slowly ease your mom into it. Maybe somehow work a trans person or character from TV into the conversation?