1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attempt to label me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kittylover, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kittylover

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what you'd call me .... I'm DFAB and identify as a guy for the most part. I don't even really care about labels but I could see all of these fitting me....
    FTM-because being seen as a man ,being called a male name, having male pronouns be used etc. feel really good-but maybe it just feels better then the opposite which I've had all my life
    Genderfluid- I go back and forth on some things -like whether I want hormones,whether going in the ladies room feels okay, and what kind of clothes I want to wear
    Genderqueer- I do definetly wear girly clothes sometimes and a lot of the time I say I'm 75% male 25% female
    transmasculine- becuase I often say I'm "sort of FTM but not quite"
    anyway I would love to hear your opinions.....

2. I am Kakashi

I like genderqueer as a term, in general, because like the root 'queer', it seems like that little cubby hole is much bigger than some others. Not that it is a catch-all, but it is more all-encompassing. And to me, you could be 2, 3, or heck all 4 of those words at one time. They are all kind of like this huge Venn diagram, and some intersect for some people, but not others. And any/all of those could be under the transgender umbrella, so really it's whatever you wanna be.

3. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think transmasculine sounds about right (to me; obviously I don't actually know how you personally feel)
    25% female 75% male does sound like either genderqueer or transmasc