1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlySparkles, Nov 15, 2014.

1. AlySparkles

Out Status:
    A few people
    All my life I've felt somthing's wrong with me, but I can't put my finger on it. I was born a girl and raised to act like one. Being the little sister to 3 older brothers, I was a little tomboy when I was little, but whenever I showed any sort of inclinations towards "boy toys" or whatever, my parents would just give me more "girl stuff". I was ok with it, but I didn't understand why they did it. I've kept to my girly side for as long as I can remember, because if I don't, my parents won't like it. But there are times when I just can't force it and I just don't feel like I'm being me. Like, why am I even a girl? What's that supposed to mean? Why can't I be a boy?
    It's just really confusing and I really don't know how to explain it. All I know is that sometimes it just doesn't feel right to be a girl. I can't say I don't identify as one though, because I do, sort of. But just half the time, and I don't know why.
    Why do I even wanna be a guy? I rock those dresses and heels and I can be super fabulous and whatever, but at the same time ughhh it's ridiculous and I just wanna sit at home and play videogames. I know that has nothing to do with it, but I'm just looking for a way to explain what J feel.
    I wanna be a guy. I always have, and I don't know whyyy

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You sound a lot like me. Always the tomboy when I was younger, never got the Batman action figures I wanted for Christmas (replaced by copious amounts of Barbies), always felt like I had to play the 'girl'. All through high school I tried imagining myself as a guy, and somedays it felt way better than being a girl and other days I just liked my boobs way too much to not have them. What does being a girl or guy mean?

I think I have the answer now. It means nothing in Nature and everything in society. You weren't born a girl, you were born and people labelled you a girl. So feel free to reject that label, and I guess try on different labels until you find one that feels more 'you'.

I don't know how old you are, but it took me 15-20 years to figure this out to where I feel comfortable with my identity, and I wouldn't be suprised if it changed again someday.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. AlySparkles

Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you so much, this has definitely enlightened me. Thanks for reassuring me, and thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2014 at 10:42 PM ----------

Thank you :slight_smile: