1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myths about t and surgery

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Nov 18, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

So I came across some info that said that trans guys won't get as deeper voice as cis guys. Funny thing is I've seen loads of guys on Youtube with deep voices in the US. Do they administer it differently in the Uk or something? It also said your sexual orientation may change after t/surgery. :eek: Is this true? I hope not! Not that there's anything wrong with being gay but I love women :icon_redf

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like a false source to me. I think how deep your voice gets depends from person to person and T will help it to get deeper than your current voice. It can go either way; some trans guys have lower voices than some cis men and vice versa. As far as the sexual orientation, I highly doubt it; if a drug can change your sexual orientation, I'm pretty sure a lot of gay people would have wanted to get their hands on it.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    - Changes will vary for everyone in the voice department. It's a myth that trans guys don't get "deep voices" like cis guys.

- Sexuality changing, for me, is a myth as well. T won't "turn you gay". If anything, you might become more comfortable with yourself and feel okay to test new waters. It doesn't mean you're going to wake up one day and lose all interest in women and only want to be with men.

- As far as administration goes, I'm sure it's not all that different in the UK. You have different T options than say someone in the US would; but I don't think it's anything too different or strange.

4. DoriaN

Hormones in FtM make yourvoice deeper. In MtF it does not make your voice highr.

Hormones do not change your orientation.

Receiving the hormones via different methods should not affect much outside the endocrine system.

5. Evil Kitten

For the people who say they change orientation the only way that seems possible are those who are in the closet to themselves and upon taking hormones start to realise it. I can't comprehend any other way for that.