1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible health issues, or am I just real lucky?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 19, 2014.

1. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

(Yes, I am THAT Lyman. I temporarily deleted my account, but I'm back! Hi, y'all!)

Okay, so… a while ago, I posted about some physical stuff I've experienced for the last few years - little things about me that lead me to believe that I have naturally high androgen levels. However, over the last few months/weeks, things have started to… change a little.

- My body shape has changed quite a bit. This is probably due to increased exercise, but yeah - my hips are distinctly narrower than my shoulders now (my shoulders are the widest part of me). I'm also an inch taller! I thought I'd stopped growing, but I guess not? Also, I put on muscle quickly, but not fat.

- I seem to be growing facial hair rather quickly now. Less than two weeks ago, I got my upper lip and eyebrows threaded… now I am once again sporting a little mustache, and I have fuzz between my 'brows. I also seem to have developed very faint sideburns. This is interesting (but totally welcome, because I've always wanted sideburns :icon_wink). Oh yeah, and I don't think I had a happy trail before, but now I do?

- I think my voice has deepened even more now. I've always had a somewhat lower voice than most bio-females, but now… :eusa_danc Also, when I talk in my lower register, you can DEFINITELY see a small Adam's apple bobbing up and down in my throat (it's kinda hypnotizing, actually).

- The not-so-fun part: extremely bad cramps, when I'm not even vaguely close to getting my period. These are often accompanied by shortness of breath, nausea, and a feeling of something sitting on my stomach. THAT'S what's worrying me: are the aforementioned new developments symptoms of something a little more serious? :icon_sad: I haven't gained weight and I don't have a lot of acne, so I don't THINK it's PCOS… nonclassical CAH, maybe? Or am I just being a hypochondriac? :eusa_doh:

(On another note: IS nonclassical-CAH considered an intersex condition? I know that the classical form is…)

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could get a blood test? Nothing seems pike a big problem except for the cramps (if you're short like me and have small organs because of it, we tend to suffer from cramps more). If you're exercising, the cramps should be dulled down a lot, though.

3. kumawool

I could tell you a bunch of things it could be, but honestly I'd have no idea. Go to your doctor. It could just be simple cramps, or something else, and they'll be able to find out for you :slight_smile:.

4. MelDrake

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would recommend seeing a doctor- really bad cramps at non-period times could be any number of things, might even be in digestive organs, not reproductive ones, but if that's happening see your doctor. A lot of your symptoms do seem possibly consistent with PCOS or some other hormonal issue- you should at least get checked.

5. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

PHP:
    Yeah, my mom always terrified me with PCOS. She apparently suspected that I had an adrenal issue back when I was a baby. I'm delighted with my manliness, but the cramps are pretty horrible (prevent me from sleeping sometimes).

Do y'all think it may be nonclassical CAH? And yeah, is that considered intersex?

Is it even possible that I have undetected ovotestes?? Or is that just wishful thinking, in the "I don't wanna be 100% physically female" train of thought?

6. DoriaN

I think you should just maybe talk to a doctor about it. You don't want there to be something bad you're over looking.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I too would have it checked. My hormones were all screwed up and it was leading to other health problems. So, even if it turns out to be nothing, it's still worth having checked out.

8. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Thanks, y'all! I'm sure it's nothing - but I'll get checked up, just in case.

What if they put me on estrogen/female hormones, though? :eek: My mom doesn't believe that I can be transgender, because I'm not intersex... so she won't be happy if I try and refuse them (though I'm 18, so I can legally do so).

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could always use it to your advantage... "Look, I have higher levels of testosterone in my system..."

10. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

^ Hahahaha maybe.

Does anyone know the answers to my other questions, about nonclassical CAH? :grin: