1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans-Doubt: When is it right to start HRT?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Groosenator, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So as ever, I'm feeling trapped by my own self doubt. I'm not sure if HRT is something I need or if it just sounds really appealing for various reasons. I have been doubting myself and doubting myself and doubting myself for what feels like forever.

I want to ask for everyone's experiences (or lack of experience) with doubt about whether or not you are transgender or just confused. Have you ever had trans doubt? Are you still in doubt now and not ready for medical transition? Did you used to have doubt but eventually overcame or went with it?

What has been your experience with Trans-Doubt?

2. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    well, i think that whenever you feel ready to go on hrt is the best time for you, and if you doubt yourself these questions, do you feel you have to be the opposite gender to be happy? do you oftes fantisize about being the opposite gender? do you wish to/ or are you already wear the opposite genders clothing? these are just some simple questions i used to know that i was trans, but i hope that what ever happens you can always come to me as a friend :slight_smile:

3. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you ever have doubts that it would be a bad idea? Or were you 100% sure of yourself all the time? I'm wondering what other peoples' experiences have been.

4. Quiet Raven

I have experienced doubt. But as time goes by I start to get more and more sure. I have not done hrt myself, and I still not 100% sure if I want to. But I do know I have strong desires to be female. And had for a long time.
    Most of my hesitation comes from what the people around me will think if I do. Most notably, my parents.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had doubts. I knew this is who I am, and this is what I need. I've been ready for this since I was about ten when I heard transition was a thing, and I've been dying for it to happen since I was 16. I'm not on T yet, but I'm very sure it will happen by early next year.

If you aren't sure, give yourself time to think it over. Talking to a gender therapist can help a lot too.