1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kumawool, Nov 20, 2014.

1. kumawool

Pretty simple.

I'm male, I was born male, and I'm fine being male.

But I'd be equally fine if I woke up female tommorow morning. Or as nothing. Or something else entirely. Like I actually just feel totally disconnected from my gender, I just don't really care.

I'm always wondering why gender is such a big deal, it doesn't seem like it's even real to me - I'm separate from my physical gender, I don't identify as male, but rather, I just happen to be male, and I'm fine with that.

Is that in and of itself indicative that I'm on a specific place in the gender scale or whatever?

Just a curiosity.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Well this is just my opinion but if you're fine with being male then I would still consider you to be male. Cis people don't always feel a strong connection to their gender because they've never had gender problems, so they have no need to feel strongly one way or the other.

3. kumawool

That's what I was thinking, thanks for responding!

Perhaps I'll look more deeply into it if I ever feel more curious someday :eusa_danc

4. I am Kakashi

I just always assumed for cisgender people since it was never an issue, they didn't really care/ notice.

5. starrytownblues

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, since you say you don't identify as male per say(But don't mind being read as one), you could alternatively be gender non-conforming, or agender. Presentation isn't always identity. Gender is a spectrum, after all. :icon_wink If you're having strong convictions about your gender identity, exploring your gender can be a very rewarding experience. Try Googling about The Gender Bread Person chart. It's very interesting stuff.

---------- Post added 21st Nov 2014 at 03:44 PM ----------

Also, The Trevor Project has a wonderful chart that explores gender identity here: http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/spectrum It really helped me out while I was questioning my own gender. Check it out!

6. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

You're on whatever place or scale you feel like fella