1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ktr123, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ok so tomorrow we got a cocktail party and i have to wear a dress because i not come out yet and it makes me fell so yuck because i'm a male and i what to come out because my mum called me a pretty girl and i should wear more dress sometimes it makes me what to just forget about my trans felling because the way i'm going i won't be able to go on T or get a sex chance because i'm to shy to come out to my family and even my friends but my close friend who i'm out to and she supports me sometimes i look in the mirrors and get grossed out by whats there but i can't tell anyone about me and it makes it worse and worse i kinda started to bind

2. I am Kakashi

Okay, take a deep breath. T and surgery shouldn't be on your mind like, at all right now. So just put all that info and figuring out and stress out of your mind. If you're wanting to transition, the first thing you have to do is tell your parents. If you aren't ready for that or to come out, that's okay too. Just put a pin in that too.

You started binding, so there is a good start. And could be considered a step of transitioning, which you can do before coming out. Try and keep doing that, although binding and then wearing a dress is not really putting you in the right head space.

Just take it one step at a time, and we will be here for you. :slight_smile:

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might change your style... wearing unisex trousers, for example... a shorter hairstyle... and saying you like it, its your style...

4. Manta

There are little things you can do before coming out to your parents such as binding and changing your style. Just make sure you are using a binder and not ace bandages since those can be harmful to your body.

Would it be acceptable for you to wear dress pants and a blazer instead of a dress? Maybe, if your parents are especially insistent you could compromise and wear some low heels and a feminine shirt with them.
    If not, see about getting some spandex shorts to wear under your dress. You can explain to your paren't that you feel exposed in a dress and, hey, modesty goes a long ways, so they'll probably be cool with that. No one wants to accidentally flash someone.

Kakashi made a really good point about taking a deep breath and moving forward one step at a time. Its great you've got a supportive friend. Is there a counselor or a teacher at your school you feel would also be supportive? Perhaps you could try speaking with them as well.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had to wear a dress for a funeral, and other social ocassions, and it felt like a costume.
    Try to imagine you are just wearing a costume. After all most of social gatherings like weddings, funerals and so on are just plays.
    It's just for a few hours, and you can reward yourself afterwards :wink:

6. AlexTheGrey

I totally get what you are feeling. My parents were similar, and it always grated when they wanted to put me in formal wear and then tried to compliment me on it.

While it may be a bit late for the cocktail party, I agree with jay's advice here. Your clothing style is defined by you. They do make "men's formalwear" in women's sizes, so it may be something to look into. Something nice if that's what you want to wear. You are in control of your style, and while family pressure sucks, don't let it get to you.

7. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    she keeps calling me here pretty girl and i know everyone there going to do the same

yea but my family big on gender roles and what not and not coming out there forceing me into female clothing but they don't really mind me buying from the male part its just hard with them calling me there little girl and there princess because it makes me fell bad for whating to be male in the first place

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2014 at 06:05 PM ----------

my family very big on following genders for say i sit with my legs open i get yelled at and told its very un lady like my mum got me out of wearing high heels she knows i hate them but i still have to wear a dress the person hosting said so

well we do have a well being center at out school for counseling i know my friend dose it but the bad thing is i'm to shy to ask for counseling i know there trustworthy the don't say anything to anyone else unless you what them to see i'm a super shy person

8. Manta

My family is very conservative as well. Would your friend be willing to go with you to speak to the counselor? I think it should be fine if you bring someone for support, particularly if you don't know the counselor well. I think it is great that you've found this site, as you will also find a lot of support here.

9. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    she would be more then happy to go up with me to talk to them , i'm glade i found this website to its made things much better