1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm trans, but I'm not sure

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Clancularius, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I think I'm trans, but I want to be absolutely sure I am. Recently I started to think I'm trans when I learned what transsexuality is. Before I had conflict about my gender identity, but I thought I was just a little bit strange. But then one day I Began to learn about it, and I could relate to many of the stories I read. Later I took several gender identity quizzes and usually the result was that I am transsexual or I'm most likely transsexual. But I want to be sure I'm trans before I even consider coming out to anyone. I need some advice on this. :help:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Well gender identity quizzes, while they can be helpful, shouldn't be replied upon for an answer (I'm guilty of taking a lot of those while questioning too though)

Are you uncomfortable with the sex characteristics of your body/do you wish you had the body of the opposite sex? You could experiment with dressing in clothes for the opposite sex to see how it makes you feel, or thinking about how you would feel with a different name and pronouns. One thing that helped me a lot was imagining my future and what it would be like if I was a guy, you could try something like that. If you need anyone to talk to I can try to help :slight_smile:

3. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Thanks, I've been conflicted about this for awhile now and I realized that I would probably go crazy if I didn't talk to someone. If quizzes where always right I would have severe paranoia. I've been having gender identity issues since I was a kid( but it was never noticeable) I stopped paying attention to it when I was in middle school( I'm in high school), because I had serious depression and I just associated gender dysphoria as a part of me wanting to be someone else.

4. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds a lot to me like you're transgender! Or at the very least, you feel uncomfortable in the gender identity that you've been pressured in. (So probably not cisgender)

Right now I'm questioning too, and what I've been doing is a bit of soul-searching (on this website and a youtube videos) and experimenting with my presentation and pronouns.

Try and find close people who you know will support you like a friend or a family member and talk to them about it, and how you want to experiment with stuff like names and pronouns.
    I have a couple of people I've talked about my questioning identity to and it helps knowing I have these people on my side no matter what I turn out to be. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

5. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Well, I guess I might just be transgender. It haven't been questioning for very long now so I will continue. But it seems the evidence and how I feel are confirming that I am most likely transgender.

6. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    it sounds a lot like me when i was questioning, u sound like ur 85% like ur trans. if u ever need any helpo on anything, regarding makeup, clothing, gaffs ect. just post me a wall message and i will responde the soonest i can. i know im not the godmother of all female fashion but i can give u some helpful tips ive learned :slight_smile:

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/157736-about-transgender.html#6
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/156085-i-just-im-kind-scared.html#4
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/153143-so-confussed.html#17

Its a lot of information... I'd say take your time... and build some community, take part on EC, its for example possible to chat with others via wall messages, and later as full member via the chat and private messages...
    there are support groups, and you might think about counseling... at school, or best with a gender therapist, or someone from an lgbt center... saying you want counseling...

(*hug*)(*hug*)

#7 jay777, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014