1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complain about online gender tests (and maybe something better) ITT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Just Jess, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Just Jess

Hey everyone,

So I left a comment in the newest online gender role test thread, and I was reading it and going "wow yeah but I mean, these are TOTAL crap Jess, I mean what the hell? Women can't drive cars or do math, and freaking autogynephilia is on here? Give me a break! I'm gonna say something and stand up for what I believe 'cause tests like these screw up lives".

I agree completely. So say it here!

Plus, you know, a lot of people turn to these kinds of things. It's really no different from someone taking the Nolan test, https://www.nolanchart.com/survey-php , to figure out what their politics are.

So since people are gonna do it anyway, let's talk about what a "good" test would have. Even if like me you think there is no such thing as a good test since it's kind of a shortcut for a lot of introspection a person really should be doing. Again, like with politics. So let's figure out what the best possible test would look like?

2. Quiet Raven

3. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Online gender tests can be really annoying. Personally I think they could be helpful but they don't really tell you much. A good gender test should be around 100-200 questions, and while that is a lot of questions this is a pretty big thing your trying to determine. There are also a lot of very specific questions that sometimes doesn't even apply to many people who may be taking the test.