1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

identity crisis

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by oliverr, Nov 23, 2014.

1. oliverr

Hi. I'm new here. I'm Oliver (or a bunch of other names I have for myself) and I'm having trouble with my identity. I am 18 years old, by the way. I first struggled with my gender identity about 3 years ago. I called myself a transguy but I didn't feel like a guy all the time so I took on a bunch of genderqueer labels. I also believe myself to be a lesbian. However that's where my gender starts creating conflict. It is like I'm a girl and guy at the same time but I have dysphoria and maybe want to transition one day. I am a very girly guy, though. I've already told my parents I'm a lesbian but I also like boys. However, as a girl I only like girls. But as a boy I only like boys. It's like I am a two-way gay, if that makes sense, haha. I consider myself to be a bigender transguy. I'm not sure about sexual orientation, though? I guess it's all a matter of if I decide to transition or not. I feel like how I identify is bad and makes me seem like I am delusional or just wanting attention. I can't even seem to find anyone like me... I have a cpnnection to all of these labels but when they are put together they conflict with each other. Does anyone else feel this way or similar? Thanks for reading

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Poppyseed

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually have a very similar experience and had to really decipher what gender really meant for me. I realized I was core girl but also genderfluid. Also, I've gotten out of gender language and it might be that you're not binary at all.