1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kelp Krunch, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Kelp Krunch

I've been thinking about something lately. As a trans person, I've obviously had dreams of being the correct gender. But (I'm pre-HRT right now, so I'm not physically too far along) I continue to be my incorrect gender in my dreams, so since I'm MtF, I'm usually male in my dreams. Is that something that changes further down the line? I mean if I start physically presenting as female, will my mind tell my dreams to get with the program? Wondering if anyone's ever thought about this. I mean it's not something that you control, and I'm it's not gonna change anything in my real life, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

2. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worry about this all the time, especially because I can never remember having a dream where I was the right gender and I find it really hard to visualise myself with a 100% male body too. But I do think physically transitioning would help change it, because I think our bodies are more wired to our brains in more ways than we might think, but that's just my opinion.

3. I am Kakashi

*Quickly rifles through my brain for past college psych class info* My best guess as to WHY s that usually your dreams are snippets of actual memory, and general knowledge. Even if you knew you were trans your whole fe, basically all/ almost all your experiences were still probably from the viewpoint of what you were assigned at birth, because that's what everyone treated you as.

So taking that stance, as you gain more experience as your correct gender, potentially/ hopefully your dreams would take more recent memories and use your correct gender as your POV.

4. DoriaN

I went from not being gendered or having a faint masculine prescence when very little in dreams, but it quickly shifted into feminine, or maybe it always had been but I misread it.
    After that I had always been female except for the odd exception, but in the dream it's closer to an excerpt from my life rather than how I actually am in 1st person.

Then as I starting transitioning in full, I took on my physical-ness in dreams more directly, as well as my irl social status. It seems like the further I transition, the more my appearance falls in line over time, the further I develope or equally represent in dream.

It's probably because I obsess about my features so I see them in my dreams.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. anonym

anonym Guest

So I realized I was trans exactly a year ago and didn't feel right being female for another year before that but it's only been in the last few months that I have stopped dreaming of myself as the wrong gender. Even now, I don't dream that I'm male. Most of my dreams are about me coming out as trans to people I know or used to know or people I've never met. I suppose it reflects where I'm at right now with my transition.

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also worry about this constantly. "I'm a girl in my dreams, that must mean I'm not trans and living a lie!" Not the case. I've been having more and more dreams where I'm the right gender, and even some that acknowledge me as a FTM rather than a cis male. The cis male dreams feel amazing, though. I feel that the reason for my getting more male dreams is partially due to me getting more comfortable with my male-ness. Also, I've been dressing more masculinely as well. I seem to cause myself pain when looking in the mirror, and I think that sadness carries over to my dreams and makes me a female in the dream. Once I start looking like a male, I'm sure the majority of my female dreams will go to the male side.

8. DoriaN

This for me.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I usually aren't conscious of what gender I am in dreams, I'm just me- so I guess I'm always male? I've had a few dreams where I was a cis guy, and some where I had a female body (I always got dysphoria for those)

I once dreamed about being outed as trans to my family too

10. Ryu

Ryu

According to the dream-moods link thing in the thread I am worried about confronting a disbalance and a want to express myself. The dream was about some women in golden armour olaying a Piano refered to as a saxophone to soothe an ohm from Nausicaa...I'm really interested in dreams and I have been attempting to Lucid dream and ask my subconcious questions for two years now and I've only just gotten the hang of remebering them... Curious what the subconcious thinks...

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok... my interpretation...
    we have a well protected woman... meaning emotional side is well protected...
    soothing what ? a child ? what does this figure mean to you ? A project ? A side of you you want to see developing ?

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...-acheive-lucid-dreaming-voluntarily-3.html#49
    All at your own risk :slight_smile:

#11 jay777, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. Ryu

Ryu

An Ohm is a giant wood-louse like insect that lives in the sea of corruption that attacks anything that makes a loud noise or feel in danger, so perhaps my emotinal side is all over the place but I'm concealling it?

13. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    woman=nurturing energy, emotional side, intuition
    man=active side, rational side
    remember we're talking symbols here... they might have a different meaning individually.
    Ohm=side shown to the outside, to the everyday world ?
    ->well protected (armoured) emotional side soothes more aggressive side ?

What could you do to reconcile both sides ?
    Changing the ohm to another being ? Which one ? A friendly young man ?
    You don't have to answer the questions here...

14. PeculiarChild

I've never been a "girl" in any of my dreams. When I was little, I was just myself--same way I saw myself in real life. Then, at about 10, I was fictional characters or my own imaginary boys. Now I'm myself as a cis boy or transboy, but never actual female body shown (though I don't much have one of those).