1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

realization? help pleez

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RadioRoss, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RadioRoss

So, i've never been a very "girly girl," i guess you could say im a bit of a tom-boy, but those labels just kind of bother me for some reason....but anyway...
    Being on this site has given me even more awareness and knowledge about gender identity and the like, and after looking into Androgyny more, im kind of confused. Very often I wish I kind of looked like a boy. I've always found styles for men are really attractive to me, and i like wearing guy's clothes quite a lot. (I've stolen several of my older brother's old clothes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) I don't want to be a boy, I know i am a girl, but i guess im just more masculine at times. I'll admit, I can wear a dress or more "girly" clothes every now and then, but i usually stick with jeans and a t-shirt or sweater ( I understand this is deeper than clothes, but i think you catch my drift)...So really what my question is, is am I "androgynous?" I suppose it's not other people's decision to make for me, but id like to have insight and maybe some more facts or whatever about this thing...Thanks :slight_smile:

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Me too! I was always the tomboy. And same as you, words like "tomboy" bother me. I had such a struggle with finding a label that gave me some sort of sense of identity. I like cars, hockey, and hard liquor. I like wearing jeans, t-shirts, and suit jackets. I also like jewelry, fashion, and high heels. (If you catch my drift :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

I like genderqueer, but there's also non-binary, gender non-conforming, genderfluid, and more I'm sure I don't know or have forgotten. All it takes is finding where you are comfortable. If "androgynous" makes you feel more 'at home' than 'tomboy', take it. :slight_smile:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

To me it sounds like you're a girl with an androgynous style, so sort of like a tomboy I guess

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian