1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by elliot96, Nov 24, 2014.

1. elliot96

I'm identifying as somewhere between Genderqueer and Trans. I was born female and have DD breasts that are painful and difficult to bind. It can be quite a struggle to feel at all comfortable with myself physically, as when people meet me they see my chest and no matter how hard I try I will always be called 'miss' or 'girl'.
    I need a damn good binder and I was wondering if anyone else could give their advice and/or support with this. It scares me to no end.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. elliot96

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Good luck! My parents don't believe I'm trans, refuse to buy me a binder because it'll "give me breast cancer", refer to me as "girl" as often as possible, and tell me that I'm too pretty and feminine to be a boy. (And make me get rid of my budding mustache).

I feel the pain :bang:

6. elliot96

That is simply awful, I feel for you man. The whole thing with binders and breast cancer is such bullshit. My mother is a breast cancer nurse and while she doesn't like me binding, she doesn't try and scare me out of it like that - that doesn't seem fair.
    Time to show them that there are pretty and feminine boys who are still manly as f**k and tough as nails :wink:

7. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

YES! :thumbsup: I know it's BS, but my mom doesn't see it that way. She thinks I'll be damaging my "healthy female body".

:tantrum:

8. elliot96

That is endlessly annoying. I say just do it anyways and if she's a good parent then she's going to love you regardless.

9. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Oh, she does love me :slight_smile: thanks!

OP: once again, good luck!

10. elliot96

Love is all you need in the end, she'll come round :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you x

11. LatteRo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're still looking for binders, give this one a shot! :slight_smile:
    If you don't like it, or are looking for something else, there are so many others of the site and so many different types!!! Resonable prices aswell! I plan to buy from there one day, but I'm not out yet so it's a bit hard. Good luck!!!

12. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you are talking about. I have F breasts and I am skinny. I have Underworks binder but it can't really do the job as well as I would like. I guess it's impossible to flatten these completely. They are dense and heavy. There is always some weird lumps when I bind so it's important to wear right shirts. Dark colours, stiff and thick fabric and buttons or something like that in the middle.

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately I have no advice, only sympathy. :frowning2: I know how much dysphoria can kick my butt and I've got A cups. (*hug*) Hang in there.

I don't know where you live or what your country's health care is like but I know in Canada you can get a free breast reduction if you have back problems, maybe you can look into those programs?

14. elliot96

Thanks! I've been looking at that one, but I'm not sure yet.. My mother knows about all of this so she recently bought me two tight-fitted sportbras to help flatten my chest. It doesn't get me flat, but it leaves me with much less definition, which makes me feel heaps better about myself.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2014 at 11:23 AM ----------

That's some good advice, the buttons especially. I completely understand where you're coming from, love - it can really suck sometimes. Sending you love <3

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2014 at 11:26 AM ----------

Thanks for your kind words, it's comforting to know that others experience the same issues.
    I'm in Australia and we have a similar policy on large breasts and health issues. My girlfriend has abnormally large breasts for her frame and it gives her no end of trouble - in fact, she's on her way to the chiropractor as we speak. She is hoping to get a reduction in the next few years, but she has a large stress on how we should accept our bodies for what they are and worries that this surgery would betray her morals. I told her that she's silly.

15. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [/COLOR]
    Thanks for your kind words, it's comforting to know that others experience the same issues.
    I'm in Australia and we have a similar policy on large breasts and health issues. My girlfriend has abnormally large breasts for her frame and it gives her no end of trouble - in fact, she's on her way to the chiropractor as we speak. She is hoping to get a reduction in the next few years, but she has a large stress on how we should accept our bodies for what they are and worries that this surgery would betray her morals. I told her that she's silly.[/QUOTE]

That's what we're here for right, giving and getting support! :slight_smile:

She's got her points, but our bodies can and do betray us.