1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubting.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Clancularius, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

For the past month I've accepted that I'm transsexual. But right now I'm doubting, I know I'm transgender but I'm not sure if I'm transsexual. So I'm hoping someone can help me to understand this. So I'm doubting because 1. I've been suicidal before but that had almost nothing to do with my gender identity 2. When I think of my self using female pronouns it doesn't feel entirely correct. I've thought of why these could be untrue and what I came up with was that 1. I'm seeing a psychologist soon for possibly having clinical depression, which may have been the cause for the suicidal thoughts and gender was part of it and 2. Using female pronouns may seem incorrect because I've been described using male pronouns for so long and I'm used to them. I have always felt uncomfortable in my body and am a little disgusted with my masculine parts. When I was suicidal I felt very uncomfortable about my gender and felt absolutely disgusted with my body. Please help me, I'm very confused with myself and I don't know what to do.:help:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

It can take a while to get used to new pronouns if you've been hearing a different set of pronouns all your life, that's how it was for me too.

3. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I guess, I think doubting may just something I naturally do.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I think doubt is pretty common, especially in the beginning. I used to doubt myself a lot, and I've heard a lot of other people say the same thing. Even though it can be frustrating, in the end I think it's a good thing because it helps you be more sure of your identity

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Doubting is just a natural part of the process. Transitioning is a long process, it's not something that happens overnight. It took me a long time to remember to refer to myself with male pronouns (and I sometimes still slip up). With time, I have become more comfortable, and I have found that I am more comfortable with these pronouns.

So, once the initial shock of using new pronouns for yourself wears down a bit, you will be able to get a better gauge on your feelings surrounding them.

Another thing is that as annoying as doubting can be, it helps you be more sure of your identity. If you plan on doing any medical transitioning, then this is very important.