1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acm, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

I overheard my mom talking on the phone and stressing out about her plans to move out of state, and how she's worried about getting a job and a good place to live. Even though she wants to move for a lot of reasons, I know a big one for her is that she wants me to be in a place with more LGBT resources than when we currently live. I thought that coming out might solve some of my problems but I feel like it's just made everything worse, and I'm creating problems for everyone else. I feel like being trans could ruin my life, and is it really worth messing up my mom's life and alienating all of my friends and family? Is there any way to stop having trans feelings because I seriously don't want to do this anymore, everything would be so much better if I could just be normal :tears:

Sorry for the rant I'm just kind of scared and stressed out

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*) If trans people could choose to be cis, almost all of them would do so. I know I would. Coming out has allowed a bit off your chest, and moving to an LGBT-resourceful area may be the best thing for you. Yes, your life changes when you realize you are trans. But it's our job to make the best out of it. I'd take the opportunity to move if I were you (providing you don't have any tremendous grief about leaving your school, friends, house, etc.). Your mom is doing this for you, AND for her. I think a good way to show your appreciation/help her stress ebb is to help her in any way she needs in regards to finding jobs, finding good houses, and a good school. You can help her research or take over some other house duties so she has more time to. If you're feeling guilty, just remember that she is probably not suffering at the level you are. She (assuming she's not trans) doesn't have dysphoria and doesn't need support for gender issues. You do. (*hug*)

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

#3 Michael, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014