1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about my eyebrows. [Cosmetic]

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DoriaN, Nov 29, 2014.

1. DoriaN

So I'm looking through pictures and while I have spent time shaping and thinning them; I've recently wondered if I let some of the overall growth build up. Since my face shape changes, why not my eyebrows right?

http://i.imgur.com/pxKwqdq.jpg

I'm also lifting up my brow so idk if that will affect how they appear but they seem a little on the thick side to me.

Another
    http://i.imgur.com/6uvozz5.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't really taking those photos with /eyebrows/ in mind of all things Dx

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About eyebrows, it depends on the look you want to go after. Thiner eyebrows are associated with feminity, but if you overdo it, it looks too artificial. Some like artificial, some don't... Depends on the look you like for yourself.
    Whatever you do, try to avoid blank places at the eyebrow : You might want to brush them, or even paint them.

I liked the first picture a lot, you look just lovely, but I'm biased, I find natural looking women the most attractive. Specially if they are smiling, even if it's just a bit...

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Don't thin them too much, in fact, i'd consider, not touching them at all. Maybe slight trim, but that's all. On the first picture, you look quite nice, very natural. If you had your brows in any way, that is different to how they are in the picture, it would look far too fake. This is hugely due to the fact that they will contrast with the overall natural look of your face. On a side note, let your hair freely, suits you better. Just personal opinion. Also, hair looks quite stressed in second photo, consider using some conditioner (preferably, the pricy stuff).

4. DoriaN

Well the first picture I had very light makeup on, about the most I would ever put, second has nothing.

I suppose I could fill in the brows I have atm a little bit, and I want a natural but cleaned look. So yeah nothing TOO thin or artificial, but I'm thinking in my case it might be better to go a /little/ thinner, not sure though...

5. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, you are very pretty:slight_smile: I personally think that thicker brows are more attractive on women as long as they are neat (and yours are). That being said, I think you should do whatever you think would look best. Other people are never going to agree on what is more attractive on other people, so you may as well just do whatever makes you feel pretty.

6. WillowRose

Yeah, can I just say, you're beautiful in both of those pictures. I actually, personally, prefer a bolder eyebrow to a thin one, but that's just me. (Mine are nearly invisible, so I'm also kind of envious.)

7. DoriaN

Thank you all for the kind comments... It was really and still is really rough that my mother basically said she does not think I would pass, but everyone else seems to say/think otherwise.

I tend to favour a little bit thicker in brows, my sister had gorgeous brows but now they're very thin.

See like, I've seen those who are cis and trans,. and in my experience many transwomen often have unshapely or thick eyebrows.
    I think I got lucky that I followed my own natural curves. I thinned them out a /litt/e, but just gave shape and a cleaning.

I'm still so-so on the thickness I would like, making them thinner means changing or sculpting the current shape, and I can quicky go from sexy Canadian to maniacal clown woman.

Another pic or two to try and help:

(Not sure how I feel about this picture... Seeing myself at this angle is confusing, idk how /male/female I look in it lol.)

http://i.imgur.com/BDnRexd.jpg

(Old picture, pre everything. Heck all I'm doing is wearing my 3D glasses from the 1st Hobbit with my hair down. I do love this type of glasses though.. xD)

http://i.imgur.com/PSAQzmZ.jpg

In the last pic since it's the oldest my brows look a bit thicker, I myself can see what thinning I did.

Maybe they're okay, I'm just paranoid since I'm trans and I want to aim for as many feminine features as possible with andro being the bare minimum. I know there's little I can do without FFS (For my nose, chin, and brow, mostly nose) but it's just one more i to dot and t to cross.

Thank you guys so so much for the help thus far <3

8. Manta

I'll also cast my vote for the thicker eyebrows! :thumbsup:
    I am by no means an expert, but you've got naturally very nice eyebrows. If you clean up just a little bit people will notice, and you'll look well groomed (polished? REFINED! why are adjectives so difficult?) without detracting from your natural beauty. (Which you have a lot of!)