1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman hips and men's pants?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Nov 29, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in process of buying men's pants for the first time. My mother keeps saying to me that men's pants probably won't work with a womanly physique. How true is this? While, I'm not shaped straight down like a ruler, my body isn't something that I considered as being womanly shaped. I'm thin and the pants I am getting aren't skin tight. Would my body work well in men's pants?

2. huneymaybe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In my experience I just pray and hope for the best. At least where I've shopped the sizes go by waist and inseam so if you know that then you should be able to find some pants that will fit you. Then it's just whether or not you like it - that's where the praying comes in. I have really wide hips and thighs so for me it kind of sucks, but it sounds like you may not have that problem. Then it's just finding a cut that you like.

Don't let your mom mess with you, cis men come in all shapes and sizes and you will find a pant that works for you.

That may not have helped at all, but long story short: if you look hard enough you will find pants that fit you and make you feel good about how you look.

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. :slight_smile:

4. DoriaN

Growing up my dad fit women's pants better than men, and he felt shy about that fact.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might just have to get a slightly larger waist size, but the good news is that most of the time men's jeans work with hips :slight_smile:

6. birdking

It sounds like the sort of excuse you'd hear from a parent who is nervous about their child's gender expression.

It works for me, and my physique isn't exactly manly, so I think you should be fine.

7. Calix

There are different types out there, one of them will make you look awesome, don't worry :slight_smile:

And if you want a giggle, I made the mistake of assuming since small t-shirt fit, then so would small jeans >.>;;

8. Manta

Women's pants don't fit me as well as mens, and I've got proportionately large hips.

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did wonder if she was trying to get me to change my mind by telling me this. She's made it clear to me that she thinks its wrong of me to wear men's clothing.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know a few cis guys and one that I work with that looks like he has women's hips in his pants , so I think your mother is being silly and it doesn't look bad on that guy at all

hope this helps .

11. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You shouldn't have a problem. The cut is just straight and loose. The only issue you may run into is that you'll have to buy a larger waist size than a cis-man of your stature so pants may be too long.

12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ooh! That never even occurred to me and the pants have already been ordered! Crap! :bang:

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got them and they surprisingly fit very well. They're a little loose around the waist and the legs. They were a little long the last time I wore them but, I'm still growing so, it probably won't take much longer for the legs to fit right. Till then, I'll have to roll them up.

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 10:51 PM ----------

I got a slim-fit but, they are very loose on me due to weight. The legs are long but, not by too much. I'm still growing so, it shouldn't take me too long to better fit the pants. I'm not too sure about my hips though. I can't wear them without a belt. Would that pull the fit closer to my hips? My shirts are kind of long and loose so, it probably wouldn't matter too much.

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 10:53 PM ----------

Thanks. She seems to be coming a bit around after seeing how look in them. She still doesn't agree with me wearing men's clothing, but the antagonism is much better.

#13 PlantSoul, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Let me tell you. I've got a giant ass and hips. Men's jeans still work really well. Just be mindful that you won't exactly be in a small men's- I'm probably about a 40-41 in men's alone. But just don't go for skinny jeans yet if you have my build- even regular jeans can look like skinny jeans on me.

Weirdly enough I have big hips but I found I fit way better in men's anyway because of my overall build.

15. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might think about thrift shops...
    the clothing has the advantage of having been washed before, so its unlikely to change size like some new clothing does...
    waist size and length are given extra...
    and you might try different styles... there are more baggy ones and more straight ones...

(*hug*)

16. anonym

anonym Guest

The sizing is never quite right for me. I'm wearing a 28 inch waist at the moment and although they fit on the legs and bum, the waist is still a little big which makes them slouch and being only 5 ft 3, that makes me look even smaller.

17. wanderinggirl

I'm forever torn; I'm a 30-31 in men's pants but I'm short so they make me look frumpy. I find that men's skinny jeans work better; they don't make me look the most masculine but I feel like regular-fit pants draw attention to my hips, rather than hide them. Besides I'm too metro to put up with pants that look disproportionate. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont know myself. i find now adays most womens jeans fit me better then mens do. the only thing for me would be to have better hips and a little bigger butt. but for now i'am good with that.

19. antibinary

I have the same problem.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It may sound a little gross, but I still haven't washed these pants. I'm worried that I might end up messing them up in washing/drying process. The silly company neglected to stick the care instructions inside the pants. Instead, they stuck it on a tag that is easily missed and thrown out. :eusa_doh: