1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing that first Trans* spark...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ZABBM, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ZABBM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. For almost 2 years now I've known that I was a Trans* woman, and several of my friends refer to me with feminine pronouns, though I've yet to come out publicly, or even transition. For most of those two years, I've been confident in my decision about my gender, but more recently, I've been having doubts, and it's been freakimg me out. For most of the time I've known of about my transgenderism I've not gone to public school (I was taking high school online-- not a good idea) but now I'm in school and I'm having to pretend like I'm a guy, which is pissing me off and only adding fuel to my doubts. I hate having these thoughts, these weird notions of my sexual preferences not being "girly enough" or even just my brain telling me that if I'm not thinking about my transgenderism 24/7 that I'm not trans* at all. I'm really confused right now, and I know I sound like a rambling poop, but I'd really appreciate any advice, maybe even a pep talk or fifty. Thanks a million, and all apologies flr such a bizarre post.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't think about my transness all the time. In fact I always see myself as a male like any other, of course until I'm reminded (by being called by female pronouns, or noticing my chest..)

And about your sexual preferences? If I was any gayer, I'd flying in the air and shooting rainbows out my ass.
    Sexuality does not equal gender.

4. processingerror

At my high school i have to stay hidden, otherwise i know others would not make it easy for me, just dontwant the hassle. It makes me doubt myself too when i catch myself acting femme, and i ask myself 'well if im trans why do i do that then, why do i have female friends and sit there and discusss periods and celebrity crushes etc' even though most of my friends know about me, its the pressure to conform to the social norm. I get home and the upset is over, and i clearly see im a guy, and its okay.