1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cried last night.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrogCAT, Dec 1, 2014.

1. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off i just wanna say that it was kinda nice and actually felt really good, mostly because for the past year and a half i wasn't able to cry, so it was nice to finally be able to.

little bit of background: I have aspergers so iv'e always been slightly bipolar, but when i was about twelve i became regularly depressed and really confused, then when i was about fourteen i realised that i was a girl but i didn't think there was anything i could do so i was still depressed but no longer confused, so that was kinda good.

Now sixteen and a half (my b-day is in June so yeah i can almost accurately say half),i found EC little over a week ago, needless to say i was ecstatic, finding out there was so much i could do that i thought i couldn't. But then i realised that at my age i would need to tell someone-Mainly my mother who i believe will be mostly accepting if just confused- to really get anything done so that's why i was crying, but by the end of the much needed cry i decided that i would tell her on Tuesday, yup tomorrow, because she's taking me out to my dentist appt. so we'll be alone(i have a big family so i don't have much other time to tell her in private).

lastly i just wanted to say i have no idea why i'm posting this, i guess i just kinda felt like i needed to get it out somewhere (and wow does it feel good).
    Anyway, time for bed.

Wish me Luck! :icon_wink

2. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Best of luck!

3. Acm

Acm Guest

Good luck!

4. good luck!! hope it goes well!! :wink:

5. JustJJx

*big ole hugs* good luck hun!!

6. MN Writer

as a transwoman who has come out to her mother, I definitely understand how scary it can be to come out to a parent. No matter what happens, just try to remember that she is going to have her own process of dealing with things, so if she doesn't react well try not to get too discouraged, okay? She will likely need a lot of time and self-reflection before she fully accepts what you tell her and that is pretty common.

EC is a wonderful place to find others to talk with and vent to about things like coming out and the reactions that family members have. We are here for you and there are resources out in the world for people like us. I'm positive that she will probably have a lot of questions or concerns and this is a great place to find the answers to many of the questions she might have. This is also a good website (one of many) where both of you can go to find great resources Dara Hoffman-Fox - Licensed Professional Counselor & Gender Therapist

(if you read the very first post "The Truth Will Set You Free" you will actually see a post from the blog I author, which is all about my MtF transition, which may or may not be interesting for you.)

I personally suggest you seek out a therapist who specializes in LGBT issues (if possible) because it's going to be a long and bumpy road ahead for you and your family. Just try to stay strong and don't ever doubt what you know in your heart. There is much love here for you

7. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update:

Unfortunately i could not go through with my plan today because my mother was out of town for an unexpected funeral, which is kinda upsetting cause i was all prepared and stuff, but i realised that's kinda mean of me to think considering the person didn't ask to die. I also realised this is kinda giving me some more time to prepare and plan out what i want to say exactly, Anyways i think my appt. was rescheduled so i'll have my chance again soon.

8. Rainbow Kitty

I'm sorry you didn't get the chance. I hope an oppurtunity pops up. Good luck! :slight_smile:

9. Quiet Raven

Good luck on your next chance! I know it can be scary, but you can do it!

I really hope everything goes beautifuly for you :slight_smile:.

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

yeah, that happens to me a lot. No idea why I post a lot of things, but it sure does feel good. Good luck!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

11. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope all goes well for you!

12. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual