1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical "how do you know" worries

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dray7, Dec 2, 2014.

1. dray7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (sorry about the length in advance!) I went through the "is it a phase" thing with my sexuality a few years back and now I'm going through it with gender, only it's 10x worse. You see, I think I've been experiencing dysphoria for years, I just didn't know it. Ever since I've hit puberty I've hated my body and had some pretty bad issues with depressive feelings and anxiety. I was so confused because I didn't feel at home in my own body and I literally cringed at my face in the mirror and in pictures (still do, to be honest). When I made my first EC account in 2012 I started wondering if maybe I wasn't 100% girl. I couldn't handle thoughts like those at the time, however, so I pushed it aside.

About four months back it hit me that I'm almost definitely not cis. I tried on some non-binary terms like genderqueer and genderfluid but none of them really fit me. Then, I started to call myself by the name Daniel instead of my birth name and used he/him pronouns with myself and I really liked it. I tried binding and, again, I really liked the way it felt. A little while back I found a tutorial on how to make your face look masculine by using make-up to contour and stuff and I even took pictures because I felt so confident and comfortable in my skin. If I'm being 100% honest I've spent a ridiculous amount of time just staring at the pictures because I'm so shocked I can look at myself.

I've been calling myself a boy for a couple weeks now and I feel more at home with myself than I've ever been. The idea of transitioning so I look like a boy sounds amazing. I'm just so worried it's a phase. I don't plan on coming out right now because it's far to soon in my opinion, but now that I recognize my dysphoria it's just so frustrating knowing that I it's within my ability to make myself comfortable in my own skin, just not right now. But, yeah. How did you guys decide it wasn't a phase? How did you convince other people it wasn't? Thanks so much in advance! (*hug*)

2. JustJJx

I'm exactly in the same state you are mate, it sucks :frowning2:
    Been proper depressed about these past few days, not eating right and just thinking.

I don't like my body and i want change but i'm not sure i could go through with it, but this dysphoria i've had has been awful for years now :frowning2: *hugs*

3. processingerror

Hey, a lot of your story is relatable to mine, i just posted a thread about it if you want to look, it might be helpful. From my trans* friends its not usually a definate yes or no, but if you take little stepa and think about how you feel on the way, youre probably more likely to reach a decison that is right for you. For a friend of mine she had a moment of encouragement/confidence in her identity when she dressed femme for the first time, it may take a ling time but you might reach a point like she did. Unfortunately, i havent found that point yet. :/