1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad day to be trans...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Angelus, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok.. where do I begin... it started well, I watched the walking dead. got sad at how it ended, wont spoil it for everyone.

Then I ordered some transpride jewelry online.

Then I went to get my hair cut into a man's haircut. heres where it all went to hell...

1. My roommates used my Female name and pronoun to this salon lady. It hurt so bad I nearly screamed.

2. id dressed stealth, even binded my breasts, they just ruined it basically....

3. the hairdresser did not do a man's style. trying to say I couldn't pull it off due to a colic.

My friend said otherwise when she looked at my hair. I could of pulled it off.

4. The hairdresser did NOT use my given name or Pronouns, Kept calling me she.

5. Did not respect my inner wishs to be a man. Ordered me around and treated me horribly.

6. in the end, im left with a HORRID haircut, which I then cried over for 5+ hours, SEVERE dysphoria.

7. My fiancé then outted me 3 more times, to the point where I now wish to scream when I hear my birth name. its so much fuel to my fire to get my name and gender legally changed, I am going insane from dysphoria that once was a slight cringe. is now full blown crying spells!

8. Broke my glasses when I was severely upset. got new ones ordered, I guess that's ok.

9. Had to buy a hat to cover my head when I go out... Fiance tried to talk to supervisor but they could do nothing for me, so im 60 bucks in the hole just for wanting to be more manly.

10. Possibly stuck with this for 6+ months, ( my hair grows slowly).

What a day...

FML!!

Angelus.

2. Quiet Raven

Wow, a hairdresser just simply ignored your request and cut it how they wanted instead of you? And took your money? They can't do that! Did you even request to speak to the manager or something? You should be getting 2 free haircuts for that. This one, and a new one to fix it to how you want it, when possible.

And that stylist should be fired...

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like Quiet Raven said!

This is bullshit! A hairdresser should only be concerned about being professional and doing as their client wish. Going against your wishes and making you pay money for it is theft.

I'm very sorry for your haircut. I know I never managed to have it like I wish either :\ I also feel you for the misgendering, try to talk it out with them so it doesn't happen again, if you can.

4. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yea my fiancé got on them, but it = nothing. instead im gonna buy a wig until it grows back out some and do it my way.. Ty for support guys :slight_smile: on Brightside my jewelry should be here soon. I should get a pronoun pin for dumb hairdressers, lollolol

5. NewAndrea

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What a bitch. Thats awful. I'm sorry that happened to you. youcould probably get the hairdresser in trouble if you wanted. sounds to me like they weren't professional. but i totally get if you just want to leave it behind you.

6. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ive let it go. my friend was able to cut the rest off and now I am able to spike it how I like, it took abit to get used to but my fiancé says I look more like the man im meant to be now. They've been so supportive that I cant barely hold back my tears of joy.

They even told me the bad haircut was good, and nice. genuinely. But I knew the truth though.

I cant get her in trouble for lgbt I bet, but I CAN for autism related issues. Ill be dealing with that later on.

Autistics don't always speak up when it hurts them or makes them scared to say anything. As social as ive become, getting my hair cut was a major step in transition, and I was scared to talk. and kept my eyes shut. hoping to be revealed with something amazing. But luckily, im feeling tons better now. My new axe body wash and shampoo, deodorant /body spray and new clothes, is really helping me along.

I know shark week is near in the horizon, but I am hoping my GYN will fix it for me until I can do a surgery. :slight_smile:))

7. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel you! I got a haircut where they cut off pretty much all my hair about 2 years ago, I was trying to grow it to be more how I like it to be and it was already nearly shoulder length! When I gave out she just said that guys have straight hair. Was one of the most upsetting experiences of my life, it sounds dramatic but I felt like I'd been abused!

8. Quiet Raven

Well that's good to hear at least! :slight_smile:

9. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A work in progress. my newest problem is binding. My ribcage is bruised badly and just even the lightest compression I do with ace bandage, hurts me to badly. idk what to do... They wont just HAND me breast surgery..... :frowning2:(.

And before I get yelled at for using a ace bandage. ill state, my GYN advised I do it, My two friends said I should do it. Regardless of how I felt at the time.

I also don't wear it unless im going out, there is a fear its slipping off me cause it feels to loose... but I think that's psychological cause it is Taut... Just not so tight I cant take a relaxing deep breath. my breathing isn't restricted at all, its my bruised ribcage that produces insane pain and aching with the little time I spent binded.

I am not sure how to proceed other then to inform my pcp and gyn , that binding is possibly not a option due to extreme pain in the ribcage and underarms. I felt my myself, no lumps, except my left underarm. it feels like a knot in the muscle. so I assume I may of hurt it sometime this week.

I have a doctor to see on Tuesday, a GYN within the next week after that. And also will be seeing a Gender therapist on Saturday at local Transgender center.

And may also attend my first Trans-friendly meeting. Cheers!

10. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know who your GYN is, but they do not know their stuff if they recommended using ace bandages. Those are never a good idea to use to bind. They're made to get tighter and tighter whenever you move, so you're essentially constricting yourself. Do not use those. You could seriously hurt yourself, and end up puncturing a lung with one of your own ribs or something. It already sounds like you've hurt yourself pretty badly. Let yourself heal, and get yourself a proper binder.

11. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, yes my local Transgender center provided me a new binder at no charge, but im also volunteering there too :slight_smile: its very much comfortable, does its job with no pain at all. Happy me