1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could use a hug...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Manta, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Manta

Tonight's not going the best. It's been a long day.

Maybe because its that time of month but I'm feeling really dysphoric. It's late where I'm at but I can't get to bed because that means changing and then falling asleep somehow.
    My mom went into surgery today, and my dad's staying overnight at the hospital with her. I really don't like seeing her that way, and this isn't really relevant to anything anyway. Then I've had too much time alone in an empty house.

I guess I just wanted to vent a bit and see if anyone had advice for getting to bed and falling asleep.

2. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, that's awful, I can't offer much advice but I can definitely offer hugs! Lots of them!(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) :kiss:

3. Isa

Isa

I would hug you to sleep if I could!
    So sorry you are going through this now. I know it's not a perfect advice but read a book or try to wind down in a way that works for you. Classical music always works for me when things are bad.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You probably need to open a window inside of your mind. Try to stop your thoughts, ideally think about nothing for a while, just nothing, or a giant white wall. Count the seconds, every seconds, and try at least to picture that blank wall for a minute, then two minutes... It'll calm you down.

I'm sorry. I know how upset you must be by seeing your mother there, but she'll get better, she is now being taken care of. I remember my step dad being at the hospital (a chainsmoker like me, heart attack of course), and how worried we all were, but he got better at the end. Human life is so fragile, and we only realize it at times like this.

When she goes out, you are going to give her all your love, I know, probably buy her favourite flowers, so you can start to plan for this moment right here and right now. Imagine how happy she will be when you give her those flowers (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can completely relate right now.
    Yesterday was a fairly bad dysphoria day for me too. And then yesterday evening (when it became Dec. 3rd in EST) I got very upset and emotional because it was the anniversary of losing my mom. All I wanted yesterday was to go home and be with my family.

Just rush to get ready for bed, jump under your covers, imagine you're sinking into the mattress. Leave the hall light or the radio on if it makes you feel less alone. Don't think about anything but your breathing.

(*hug*) I hope everything goes alright with your mom, and she gets well soon. (*hug*) I hope you manage to sleep alright and have pleasent dreams. (*hug*) Everything will get better.

(*hug*) and one more just in case (*hug*)

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. JustJJx

You can have all the hugs!! So sorry all this is happening at once to you, you can always vent and rant to us here :slight_smile: xxxxxxxx

8. Acm

Acm Guest

(*hug*)

9. many hugs to you
    [​IMG]

10. DinelodiiGitli

11. WillowRose

All the hugs. All of them.

12. Rainbows~Exist

13. Wildside

Wildside Guest

hope we don't suffocate you with all these hugs. guess we'll have to make it a group hug! you're going through a tough period in many different ways at the same time. but we can always be sure that whether today is good or bad, it will eventually change.
    (&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

14. Manta

Thank's you guys (*hug*)

I tried out a few of the things you recommended and eventually got to sleep. My dad came home a bit this morning and said she might be home this afternoon or sometime tomorrow. I think seeing her was like a slap in the face that she's going down the aging hill and will probably be in similar situations again.

Having the support here really helped me dealing with the dysphoria, and getting to sleep. I don't know how to express how much, but reading everything again this morning its really hard not to start crying again. Thanks you guys.

15. JustJJx

Think nothing of it, we're all here for each other...here, have another hug (*hug*)
    It's weird to think about our parents and aging to me to be honest, they'll always be that age in my eyes, ya know?

16. processingerror

Hope you feel better soon, we will be here to support you

17. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have a few hugs...
    maybe make yourself a warm cup of cocoa... or tea... and enjoy it, not thinking much, just enjoying the experience...

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

#17 jay777, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  18. Manta

Thank you everyone! (&&&)

She's being kept another night, so I'm going to go visit her again, but my dysphoria hasn't been as bad today and I hear she's doing a lot better.

I'll make myself some tea and relax for a bit first, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks again (&&&)

19. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad to hear the both of you have been getting a lot better! Keep pushing forward!
    (*hug*)

20. Gengar

(*hug*)I hope everything is going better!(*hug*)