1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not eating :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JustJJx, Dec 4, 2014.

1. JustJJx

So recently thing's in my head have been awful, i'm verging on an answer to my gender and am leaning towards trans MTF, but i'm so depressed over it and have not been eating properly for about 3 days now :frowning2:

Anyone got any tips for breaking this lowness or experience the same things? :frowning2:

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Watch funny videos, inspiring movies, comedians, etc. Something to make you laugh. In my experience, laughing is great medicine for when I'm depressed. Read anything positive, from books to newspaper articles. Take time off this site if it's contributing to your stress...

3. Ryujin

Firstly, eating properly is important, but I know just saying that isn't going to help you. Is it because you're not feeling hungry or don't want to eat despite the hunger?
    Really, what I would try to advise is to eat food that you really really like the taste of (assuming your taste buds haven't gone) and just revel in the taste and try not to think about swallowing, just do it.

4. JustJJx

Thanks peeps, that's some really good advice...stand up comedians always get to me despite my mood :slight_smile:

Not eating despite hunger, just far too much on my mind :frowning2:

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes you just have to eat without being hungry. It's not pleasant, but you have to.
    You are inside a machine that needs fuel to function, period.

I'm not feeling 7up myself today, but I ate my damned menu like a boss. I'm not gonna make it harder for myself. Not eating only brings more troubles.

Eat (*hug*)

6. JustJJx

Just forced myself to eat a hot dog, thank you for the push peeps (*hug*)

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might think about eating some soup... maybe with some bread...

Do you think it would help you to open a thread with your thoughts ? Sometimes formulating something helps...

(*hug*)

8. stormborn

i get the whole not eating thing whenever i'm feeling low. usually i make myself some tea and sip at it and relax for a while, then drink something like soup or a smoothie while i do something else. usually that makes it easier for me :slight_smile:

i like to watch those cheesy motivational videos on youtube about how fricking awesome the earth is and how cool some of the things that humans have done. they get me a bit pumped up, and then i can ride off that :slight_smile:

9. I know how to make it better... (probably not haah but maybe it'll help)
    beesbeesbees.com

Always makes me smile :wink:

10. JustJJx

Hahaha, wat?!

11. Did you go to the website? :3 if you did, yes I know youre probably like WTF OPRAH!?!? as I said, makes me smile... Tons of people screaming about bees(*hug*)

12. JustJJx

That might help yeah, thanks jay *hugs*

Oh yeah, like the people are awesome videos? :slight_smile:
    A few people have suggested soup, might take them up on the suggestion yeah, thanks *huggles*

13. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Smoothies. You can get a lot of nutrition into your body in liquid form. Doesn't feel like eating, just feels like a drink. One idea out of many, is to blend a cup of milk (I use soy but you could use cow or almond or whatever you like) with a banana, a bit of honey, and then add whatever super-nutritive food you wish: some wheatgerm meal, ground sesame seeds (good for male health :slight_smile:), almonds...if you want the drink to be colder, you can chop the banana up into bits and freeze it beforehand. I see this as 'tricking' myself into getting some nutrition, at those times when I know I 'ought' to eat, but just can't feel motivated to prepare a 'solid' meal. And yes sometimes I feel hungry but don't wish to eat, so I can relate. This usually happens when I'm really depressed. The other extreme, is eating too much, and of the wrong kind of food. Worst of all is to oscillate between the two, hardly eating at all, then eating anything that comes to hand, even if it be junk. Most of all try to avoid that. Finally, do remember to at least drink enough water, preferably truly purified (ie no fluoride, heavy metals, chlorine etc), whether you are eating food or not. You must drink water no matter what!

14. JustJJx

Smoothies do sound good, i'll have to stock up on smoothie supplies ^_^
    I drink plenty of water, so thats good x

Thank you for the advice and support, here, have a hug :slight_smile: (*hug*)

15. IWICCO

Try protein shakes as well. Little effort and they travel well. Most importantly you must eat something. Please take care of yourself.

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I am stressed, I have to track what I eat to make sure that I eat enough. Otherwise, I won't eat at all, and the. Wonder why I feel terrible. Maybe tracking your food would help you to eat more since you would be able to see how little you are eating.