1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'when you have babies of yourown' 'oh when youre a mum'

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by processingerror, Dec 4, 2014.

1. processingerror

When people assume i want to have children it makes me angry because why cant they just accept that i wont? The thought of being pregnant etc having children is gross. I feel uncomfortable around babies and children. I think of myself as more male and i do not ever want to have kids. Do you guys get like that too? Its really frustrating.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Not now that I came out.

3. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get annoyed too with how everyone's expected to have children. They're a load of work, and the world's overpopulated anyways so why? But of course both men and women can want or not want kids.

4. Hexagon

People still occasionally assume I want to be a father, which is irritating in itself. Being incorrectly gendered about it was horrible.

If most of the people who are saying it are repeat offenders, it might be worth the effort setting them straight. You don't have to come out in order to point out that you don't want kids.

5. processingerror

I agree with all of you, its definately annoying. I wouldnt mind being a father one day maybe if i get over my fear of kids but the idea of physically conceiving when i see myself as more male aweful. :slight_smile:

6. Quiet Raven

Well then why not adobt? If you do decide you want to be father that is.

As for me, I don't see myself having kids. Though my dad seems to really want me too. He would look at me ask "I am gonna have grandchildren someday right?" Usually I would just laugh, or say "maybe".

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate this too! Ugh. When I hold my cats, my mom talks to them and calls me "Mommy." I can barely stand it.

8. Manta

I can't stand it when people say that to me. When I started protesting, they'd always reply "but adoption isn't the same. You'll want to have your own." I wouldn't mind having kids, but I'd want to be the father, not the mother.

9. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just direct them to take a look at this site:

World Population Clock: 7 Billion People (2014) - Worldometers

- incessantly ticking over, always so many more births that deaths - and that ought to shut them up.

#10 Damien, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Quiet Raven

Well... Thats true... Adoption isn't the same. Adoption is bringing someone in and giving them a better home, a family. And not bringing in yet another life to our ever growing population.
    And as I was thinking of making my above comment. I notice this, which further enforces my point.

11. DoriaN

My parents act like I'll marry a woman and raise a family, even though I'm 95% sure I'm sterile at this point.

That and I want to marry a man =S

Even after telling my mom this even if I transition she still wants me with a girl... It's awkward and a little frustrating, I have nightmares that one day I'll be a blushing bride walking down the aisle and my parents will awkwardly be there meeting my future husband for the first time...

I mean yeah I get it, I don't know what the future holds, but I can't be a man for a woman, and I want a gender to reflect my own and compliment it.

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My dad's wife is always critizing me along these lines. "When you're a mother you'll have to cook." "How will you have a husband with short hair like that? Don't you want to have kids?" Blah blah blah. Yes, I would love to be a parent one day. Preferrably not alone in the role of parent (aka have a partner). Do I want to be a '50s-esque housewife who bakes and fixes her hair all day? HELL NO! Do I want to be trapped in the dysphoric nightmare I imagine pregnancy would be? HELL NO!

My partner can cook. We can adopt. I am not growing my hair out. Stfu woman! How are you the only person in my life that doesn't get this! :tantrum:

13. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I really hate this. And when I tell them I don't really like kids, they freak out. The only way I'd ever consider having kids if I was a complete bio male.

14. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First... (*hug*) to all my trans male brothers. I may not truly know your struggle on this issue but I empathize with it from the other side of the road we travel together...

My family is pretty good about not putting that kind of pressure on each other... I have my own woes but I can't say they've ever pressured me or each other about kids or starting a family.

Personally though, I do want kids of my own some day! I don't really have a plan. I'd kind of like to store some genetic material away for a rainy day but it really depends on what my partner would want to do in the future. Or would be capable of for that matter...

I'm open to adopting though.... Though I personally have mixed feelings there as well... I think ideally yeah, I'd like to have a baby sure but at the same time, I think of all those older kids who have a hard time getting adopted and I just want to scoop them up and smother them with motherly love! idk... It's a conversation that I would love to have with my spouse some day though :slight_smile:

15. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm the same. Now I know who I am, it makes sense why I was always uncomfortable around pregnant women to the point of disgust and why I always felt uncomfortable with kids. I think it was the expectation from others that I would some day be a mother myself which would not only mean going through pregnancy but also being a mother figure. In a way I feel sorry for women who don't actually want kids because there is so much pressure and social expectations that tell them they should. I wouldn't say I definitely wouldn't want kids, especially if they could be mine biologically but I am definitely not going through pregnancy or doing it without a partner. Plus, I don't know if I would ever be in the right place mentally to be a parent. I've got enough on my plate as it is and although I am not against trans people having kids, I don't know that I feel it would be fair to bring a child into the world with me for a parent. So, for now I'm happy that I'm childless.

16. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I don't get this. I have two children and they mean everything to me. Each to their own though, I say....

Happy days :slight_smile:

17. Acm

Acm Guest

Most people have stopped saying this to me by now because my whole life I've made it clear I never want kids so they've just stopped mentioning it. The thought of being pregnant is horrifying to me, as a kid I often would panic about the possibility of getting pregnant and I would check my stomach a lot. Even now I can't look at pregnant women's stomachs without feeling uncomfortable. The funny thing is after realizing my gender I got a little more open to having kids. I'm still not crazy about the idea, but it's more of a possibility now I guess. I wouldn't ever do it unless I had a partner that wanted to though. And if I did I would definitely adopt because there's more than enough people in the world already

18. juliegt6

I've not really had an issue with this, but most people gather I'm not really itching to have kids.

My mom has an odd history. Her father died when she was 4 and her mom was put in an asylum at 6. She was in an orphanage for 2 years, then adopted by an aunt. She's really normal and well adjusted, and it's thanks to an excellent orphanage and a good upbringing at her aunt's.

I'm extremely pro adoption. If the woman I'm with ever wants kids and I somehow go crazy and want them too, I'm definitely adopting.