1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?? halp plz

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by addie88, Dec 5, 2014.

1. addie88

Haven't been here in a long time. But now I'm back- for totally different reasons. I'm genderfluid? Or even trans?? I don't fucking know lol.

If I am transgender, I don't think I could ever transition. It seems terrifying. I feel like I'm too old for some reason, even though I'm only twenty. And I have too many family members who wouldn't be ok with it.

But what can I do to ease the gender dysphoria, without taking hormones or transitioning? Anybody have any suggestions? Some days I'm ok, but other days it is unbearable. :/

2. Chriswe

Well, if you have long hair cutting it short helps a lot. It did for me.
    I don't really know more than that... I'm trying to ease the dysphoria myself actually.
    If you ever need to talk, feel free to write on my wall. :slight_smile:

3. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    For me it's buying more masculine clothes, maybe talking to a close, open-minded friend about what you're struggling with (gets a lot of your chest), possibly purchasing a binder...

Whatever you think would make you feel most comfortable :slight_smile:

4. Alive

masculine clothes help me and binding as well. i also cut my hair short. it also depends on what your dysphoria is caused by. (like if it is about a certain part of your body). i dont know why but for me using men's body wash and cologne makes me feel better. talking about dysphoria with other people who get it helps too.