1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some good questions to ask yourself when questioning?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tardis221B, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

What are some good questions to ask yourself when questioning your gender identity?

I'm not sure of my gender identity and I was wondering if there were any helpful questions that you asked yourself when you were/are figuring out what(if any) gender(s) you identify as.

I think I might be agender, but I'm not sure if thats the case or if I'm just not a stereotypical female. I'm comfortable with grammatical pronouns she/ her, but I don't know if I'm female.

Any questions that might be helpful that I can ask myself to better understand my gender?

#1 Tardis221B, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I ask myself what I want people to see me as. Male, in my case. I also ask myself to explain my dysphoria if I wasn't trans.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you could be any combination of he sexes that you would want to be, what would you choose? How would you want to be perceived, and would you like to be able to change the perception that others have of you from day to day?

4. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I once read this on an article on the internet:
    'if you could press a button to magically change your gender, would you?

Now if you had another button that could take away all your dysphoria and frustrations and let you live your life as the gender you are, which button would you press?'

I would assume these questions are a lot more difficult for someone whose agender though, things get a lot less clear for those of us outside of the binary, but I hope you find the identity you're looking for.

Even just skipping ahead and thinking about what steps you'd want to take in any sort of transition to make you feel comfortable can help with the previous identity question.

5. processingerror

Who do you see yourself as in ten years time?

Draw a picture of you on the inside

Would you be a mother, father, neither?

What would you like to change about yourself, what do you like and dislike about you? Could those factors be concidered masculine/feminine?

6. Just Jess

Who am I outside of my gender? How does gender play with that? What does an ideal day look like for me? If I could make a copy of me, but had to live as the copy when I was done, what would the copy be like?