1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really depressed again lately...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CuddleBunny, Dec 6, 2014.

1. CuddleBunny

I know there lots of things I could do right now to help deal with dysphoria, but I just feel like I'm already stuck as it is in few crappy situations at the moment and the last thing I need right now is to have someone find out about me and add another problem onto the ones I already have.

I feel like I have made no progress towards anything and I go from day to day feeling miserable about myself and feeling like there is no hope. I am stuck in a crappy living situation with my family and I feel trapped. It's not that it's really a bad situation, but when you're trans and all you want to do is break free and live your own life without worrying about others trying to hold you back, It's f**king hell. Almost every single day I deal with denial, and depression after the reality of my life sets in and the realization that it's not likely to change anytime soon. I have to pretend every single day that I am happy and content with my life, but nobody realizes how miserable I feel about myself. My parents are very materialistic and figure just because I am fortunate to have alot of nice things that I should be happy, but nice things don't make up for the fact that I feel miserable and alone, and hate the body I was born in.

I love my family and friends to death and the last thing I would ever want to do is hurt them, and I feel like nobody is ready to accept me as who I really am. I don't want to kill myself but I often feel like I want to die, like I wish someone would hit me with a car or hold me hostage in a store robbery and kill me or something. I feel like shit for thinking these things and it really hurts me that I would even think like this, but I'm just so tired of being miserable and It's so hard for me to get any help without everyone knowing because I have no privacy.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly how you feel. Everything you just described is pretty much mirrored in me. It's not that I'm desperate enough for suicide, but I don't think I'd be too upset with the thought of someone killing me (as long as the pain doesn't drag on). I feel like I have good living conditions, but they don't help at all with my trans problems. I also feel trapped, and like I am making no progress. But I've told myself to buck up and keep on chugging. Someday you won't be in that household, and you'll be free to make your own decisions and progress. We just have to be patient and find ways to cope while we wait. When your depression is at its worst, I suggest watching something light-hearted, something inspiring, or something funny. Just something that makes you love to live again. This can hold bad feelings off for several hours to a few days for me.

#2 Tai, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might think about counseling...

you might appreciate small moments, where you are at ease... where you do things you like... and create those moments... like having a nice cup of tea... watching some birds... doing things you like...

remember this all is a step by step process.
    A journey starts with the first step. You are not immediately there.
    But your intention will get you there in time.

Many others have succeeded, too. You will, too, in time.

You might think about a few steps you could take...
    is there a lgbt center in your area, are there support groups, what about a gender therapist ?
    You might just say you want some counseling... and look for a therapist who has gender on their list...
    or maybe a school counselor ?

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)