1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about waiting too long

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acm, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

I feel really rushed to transition, I want to do it young, and I hate being in this body. The only problem is I can't really transition in the position I'm in. I have no money, a lot of my family live in town and they are really transphobic, my school is a really unsafe place for trans people. I don't even know if I would be able to afford seeing a gender therapist. My mom was planning on moving next year and maybe I could transition then, but now she's thinking that she might not move, and I don't want to force her to do anything, but I don't want to postpone transitioning too much. I see all these trans people younger than me, and I feel really jealous of everyone that gets to transition when they're still young, I feel like I'm wasting my teenage years like this :bang:

I mostly just wanted to rant, if anyone has any advice that would be nice though.

2. Chriswe

I wish you the best! *hugs*

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't forget there is people who envy you. Badly. I wasted not only my teenage years, but also the best years of my youth.

You will have the chance to enjoy your best years. Think about the future.
    When it gets too hard to take, I repeat myself that I'm a man, no matter what the mirror or others say. I know who I am, and that's something nobody can take away from me, or deny me.

4. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Believe me I totally understand this. Im only 21. but I knew way before getting breasts that I didn't want them. but unlike these more approving and supportive parents, mine pretty much enforced the idea that, well, this is who you were born as, so its who you must be.

I say, you got plenty of time . To make those tough life changing decisions.

I know its hard to be this way, and some days it feels like your stagnant in your ways, but trust me . When the time comes, youll be ready.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try being 33 in a good job...

Consider yourself lucky, even if you start at 18.

6. processingerror

I understand you, at all ages its difficult. Older people who descover their gender identity and younger often feel a rush. Personally i would really love to take hormones and to see a gender theripist, but im not ready to tell my family yet, let alone for them to take me to the doctors. :/
    Good luck and i hope you get your transition started asap! :slight_smile:

7. processingerror

I understand you, at all ages its difficult. Older people who descover their gender identity and younger often feel a rush. Personally i would really love to take hormones and to see a gender theripist, but im not ready to tell my family yet, let alone for them to take me to the doctors. :/
    Good luck and i hope you get your transition started asap! :slight_smile:

8. anonym

anonym Guest

I feel rushed to transition as well. I didn't realize that I was trans until I was 24/25 so I too have wasted my youth but I'm just not in a position to transition yet. My family are all anti-trans and I still live with them. I can't move out until I get into full time work and it's a slow process working up to that because I have been seriously unwell with depression for over a year now. Whenever I feel bad about not being able to transition yet, or not having realized and transitioned earlier I find it helpful to read a list of statements that I was given by my mental health worker. It's things like 'I am working towards my goals', 'I am in control of my life'. I know it sounds stupid but it really helps me. I'm going at a snail's pace but one day, I will get there. It's a bit like the hare and the tortoise or whatever it is. If I was the hare and rushed ahead with my transition when I wasn't in the right place (and I mean that both geographically and mentally) it wouldn't be making me happy because I would be having to put up with shit from my family. I dream of the day I have a job and can afford to rent my own flat and begin my transition (medically).

9. Ail Stevens

I'm 13 and my mom just said "you were born a girl" and we haven't talked about it since.... I hate my body as well. It sucks being young. No one takes you seriously. I can't come out to any one else in my family because they're all fundamentalist extremist christians and if my dad ever found out he'd probably throw away my clothes and force me to only wear skirts and dresses for my entire life...... And I probably won't be able to transition until I'm 18. (I plan on moving out, starting a cheap arts college and then start transitioning. Won't that be a fun thanksgiving! xD)