1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal children's hospitol

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Complex, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone on here from Australia knows what happens when they do the gender assment at the royal children's hospitol I've been waiting for more than half the year! Also what age do I have to be to take testosterone? and I do I have to go through therapy for it? Anyways around it legally?

2. Wobbly

My understanding with RCH and Australian law is once you've turned 16 and you're in the RCH system is that you can apply for HRT. However you need to go through the Federal Court and that will take time and money (I've heard that it can cost up to $20k :frowning2: ).

From what I also believe (as Monash does this, so I would assume RCH too), counselling/therapy would be needed if you wish to go on HRT.

My personal opinion (and something that I might even do in a few years time) is to get into touch with the Monash Gender Dysphoria Clinic and plan/see what needs to happen so when you turn 18 the process can (hopefully) be faster.

There was talk recently of the law being changed (main focus was the Federal Court crap people have to go through) but seeing as our current parliament is the way it is, it's a long shot.