1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

effects of testosterone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by processingerror, Dec 9, 2014.

1. processingerror

Ive tried looking at websites with useful information on the effects and changes with testosterone on an ftm body, but its not easy to picture, and its not that specific. Can some of you please help me offer up the info you know or any personal experiences? I would like to hopefully take it myself sometime in the future.
    I have a few questions too;
    What specific effects does it have on the face? (overall appearence, facial structure etc)
    Are there any negative changes? Did you lose physical qualities about yourself that you liked?
    Does it become hard not to gain weight?(not in a muscular sense)
    Would i become 'stockier'?
    Does it effect footsize? If so, how much usually? (ik its different to say because the changes are different to each indevidual)
    Does it make you taller?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #2 jay777, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. Hexagon

1. Testosterone will change and reduce the arrangement of fat on the face, and will cause facial hair to grow. Slowly. It's been two and a half years, and only now is hair starting to grow on my upper lip and chin.
    2. The only thing I could possibly describe as negative was an increase in my sex drive, and that is kind of negative for personal reasons which most likely wouldn't apply to you.
    3. Not for me. Just don't eat excessively.
    4. Muscle mass should increase somewhat, even without training.
    5 and 6. Not usually. It did for me, but that's because my hormones were screwy, and I didn't have my growth plates fused by oestrogen like most people would have. I see your gender is listed as ITM... Is that intersex? If so, you may end up in the same position as me, but it really depends. Are you still growing now?

4. processingerror

Thanks for your answers! Theyve really helped. And yeah, i have had suspicions of an intersex conditon since puberty hit. Its not that unlikely because of my family history and medical knowlage of myself and my parents (i should probably get it checked out really). And yeah im about 174cm right now and still growing.

5. Hexagon

You most likely will grow, then. I think I've pretty much finished, now, and I'm 180 cm, with largish feet.

6. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What specific effects does it have on the face? (overall appearence, facial structure etc)
    The fat will distribute differently on your face and overall be thinner. You may get facial hair depending on genetics and dosage as to when and if and how much this happens. You may gain muscle in your jaw giving it a more squared look.

Are there any negative changes? Did you lose physical qualities about yourself that you liked?
    Negative is in the eye of the beholder. Some want body hair, some don't. So far I've had no negative changes at all but I'm only 2 months in at a low dose. I'll probably get chest and back hair, looking at the other men in my family, which isn't something I'm crazy about. But there are remedies for that xD

Does it become hard not to gain weight?(not in a muscular sense)
    This depends entirely on the person. Some gain weight, some lose weight, some stay the same weight. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or likelihood.

Would i become 'stockier'?
    Probably not unless you gain a lot of weight or muscle. But this depends slightly on if you're growing and genetics.

Does it effect footsize? If so, how much usually? (ik its different to say because the changes are different to each indevidual)
    You're young so that does make a difference. For someone done growing, anecdotally, I've heard some guys get an extra size. If you started right now it might be more since you're probably still growing.

Does it make you taller?
    Some guys do find a height increase, even if they should have been done growing. That's pretty rare, though. If you're still growing then you'll get taller, possibly. Genes, though.