1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by aubergine, Dec 10, 2014.

1. aubergine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, I've never really thought about it before because i didn't really consider it an issue, but lately i've been thinking about gender and what i identify as and i'm just really confused. i've always been a tomboy, and i've always hated my breasts, but i don't hate everything feminine. I just don't necessarily feel like a female. I don't feel like a male either, though. Just, masculine sometimes. i realize there's things like androgynous and genderqueer and genderfluid and stuff, but i have no clue if i'm any of them.
    if any of you have gone through this, advice would be great...

2. Manta

Hey there! :smilewave

Take your time with this; there's no rush. There are a lot of different ways to explore your gender identity, and they can be pretty fun sometimes. Here are a few things I've come across or found helpful:

How would you describe your gender when you dream?

Imagine a blank doll, and you can dress the doll up in any clothes, with any sex characteristics, any name that you like. Thinking about how you feel in regards to your body and gender, what would this doll look like?

How do you feel about being gendered as female? When someone uses "her, she, miss" how do you feel?

If you were to describe your gender using percentages, what would it be (for me, 80% male 20% female, but they could overlap/underlap or be a range).

For a laugh you could take online quizzes, but don't take the results seriously. I got cis-male on one where the first question asked my biological sex (female). :lol:

Anyway, take a look around the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have!

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Gengar

Hey there. :icon_bigg So I'm genderfluid (basically flowing between genders) and I'm still just figuring it out. I was always a tomboy, and liked my body, though I envied more masculine ones. It's been a slow process for me to figure out who I am, and the important thing is to take note of how you feel. This was particularly helpful for me since I didn't consistently feel the same.

Just take your time. You have your whole life to get to know yourself :icon_bigg And definitely take a look at some of the other threads; they can be really helpful. Hope that helps a little!