1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, I have noticed a lot of "I've been called (desired pronoun)" to "I passed" and more.

So I'd like to start one where you report your little (or big) transgender successes today.

Yesterday day a woman came up to me and asked what the code to the locked women's bathroom was. I felt wonderful that she approached me. It was reaffirming to know I passed.

Later that day I went shopping and the cashier asked "is there anything else I can get you hun?"

Felt great.

Share your little daily victories here, I'm going to keep it going. Let's show the world!

Steff, Julie319, JenniferA and 10 others like this.
  2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used the mens' room for the first time a few weeks ago. Unknowingly, haha. But my friend told me right after I was done (she was waiting outside for me) and even though I had no idea going in, it still felt good knowing I was in there. I probably wouldn't have gone in if I'd known, to tell the truth, because I don't pass at all.

Silly, but it's the only one I can think of right now.

Daddio likes this.
  3. Acm

Acm Guest

This was a few weeks ago, but I passed and got called sir :slight_smile:. I didn't even think I was dressed very masculinely at the time so that was nice.

I can't think of very many right now, unfortunately I feel like I'm not in the position to do much in regards to transition, so I feel like I've sort of stagnated.

RhuBlack, Daddio and Richard321 like this.
  4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's really good though! ^_^

I only got ma'amed once in my life. That was when I was out running with my wonderful feminist running goddess friend M. As we passed by, a stranger said "looking good, ladies!" I melted and she gave me the biggest grin.

Kasey, this is such a wonderful thread, and you have really sweet ideas. (*hug*)

Daddio and Richard321 like this.
  5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I was buying a female health product and dark chocolate. I went up to the cash register and looked as flustered as possible. The male cashier looked at me, looked at the chocolate and item and said "it's gonna get better son."

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I got sir'ed a few times a few days ago when I went out, though I hadn't shaved in a while, so that probably helped.

I think my biggest success, though, was looking in the mirror yesterday and finding myself rather handsome. Rarely do I think of myself in a positive light (in regards to appearance), but I felt good. I want to continue feeling this way, and actually believe when my girlfriend, or friends, compliment me, and accept those compliments. I refuse to be dysphoria's bitch.

RhuBlack, WildT and Differentisgood like this.
  7. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The last two days have been big for me. I went shopping and openly browsed/bought female clothes (with the safety net that if I saw someone I knew, I could just be "christmas shopping for my sisters"). More importantly though, I've started to open myself up to the idea I might be trans, and can explore than part of me without feeling ashamed.

RhuBlack, Daddio, WildT and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nylesthewolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I have been called a sir for the past 3-4 months. cx

RhuBlack likes this.
  9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you interpret that?

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:10 PM ----------

You're making a brave step out. Congratulations!

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:10 PM ----------

*brofist*

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:15 PM ----------

Wonderful feeling when others tell you things like that. My brother would never compliment me and when I showed him my female pics he's like "yo your mad pasty". Asshole brother bullshit... but he accepts me. My guy friends would never tell me that either. But some girl friends and trans friends do. One guy actually saw me who is a new friend and he said "I'd hit that". I took that as a compliment. Wonderful feeling again as I said.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:19 PM ----------

These "little victories" are what keeps it going.

I'm not even on hormones and I get jealous of others who are. But people tell me I pass marvelously and from my last interactions in public it's not just people from EC.

Anyways when I get jealous I know I pass and others say I don't just pass but I'm "beautiful".

Keep your head up and keep piling up these wins.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:20 PM ----------

I try. What were you wearing Adri (can I call you that? I have a girl who goes by that nickname in class)?

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 01:22 PM ----------

Even Albert Einstein made mistakes. And when he thought he was wrong he was actually right.

Part of passing is owning it. Yes appearance, but mannerisms and confidence also are a huge part. Own it lil bro.

10. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks! :grin:

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I was where you are now about a year ago. Look at me bow. Have faith in yourself.

12. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much (*hug*)

Just out of interest, were you like I am now in not knowing for sure whether you were trans or not? I'm still grappling with the idea, let alone anywhere near coming out.

13. stormborn

i came out to my friend the other day. she's already switched names and pronouns as we've been texting each other. :slight_smile:

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was justifying my existence as being female when it was conconvenient. I.E. I labeled myself as bigender.

Prior to that I just viewed myself as a closeted crossdresser who was too scared to look into my soul and admit that I was trans.

It was the time I realized that every time I threw away my dresses and heels and such that I came back to it. The feeling of wanting to be feminine and present myself to people online as female started to spill over into the real world where I started realizing I want this in reality and I'm not scared anymore of being who I want to be.

Ugh... i just realized that stupid autocorrect in my last post.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

Nice I wish people would do that with me.

15. Hexagon

It's a reference to the stereotype of women being hard to live with when they have their periods. Byron appeared to be buying the product for his girlfriend, and the cashier felt sorry for him.

16. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, that is eerily similar to my experience. I too have been searching for alternative "easier" gender identities. That's interesting to hear. Thanks for sharing. (*hug*)

No worries, I knew what you meant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Raatox

Since last weekend i've asked a large part of my commynuty to use my androgynous (but more male) name and male pronouns, and i think they manage quite well. They say right quite often, and everytime im so increddibly happy :slight_smile:

RhuBlack likes this.
  18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

He thought I was buying it for my girlfriend. And it was a certain test because I was having some weird medical issues and the clinic I had gone to a month ago suggested I take that test just to be careful. So lo and behold, I throw some chocolate in to make it look like I'm a concerned boyfriend and the cashier thinks I might have knocked up my girlfriend.

My partner and I are not dads, thank god.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ran the old distract them with chocolates huh?

Tell me you at least ate the chocolate too.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2014 at 07:33 PM ----------

See, another feel good post. All of these successes make me have faith in the future.

(*hug*)

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Did indeed. And it was delicious. Sadly, I ate the entire thing of Godiva dark chocolate in one sitting and soundly regretted it.