1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyne vs Gender-Neutral

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GreyArchery, Dec 12, 2014.

1. GreyArchery

Hey all -

I'm still trying to figure myself out and I've been reading up on a lot of androgyne stories. In some ways I can relate to them and in others not so much. I know that I don't fit into the binary genders and that I'm not trans. I've been leaning towards androgyne but I'm not sure that's quite right either. I don't get the feeling of being both genders or neither gender - which seems to be a common definition for androgyne.

I know everyone tends to define terms differently, but could someone explain the difference between androgyne and gender-neutral?

I've also come across demi-gender recently, so if anyone has any insight on that as well it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The way one of my agender friends explained it was that they literally didn't know what it felt like to be a man or a woman, and felt uncomfortable being labeled, treated, or thought of as either. They seem themselves as outside of the gender binary completely.

For me, it's more of a state of "in-between", or having traits of both gender inside. There are times I feel more like a man, and times I feel more like a woman, but can't say I've ever felt 100% one or the other. I've even used "we" and "us" on rare occasions!

And the way I understand demigender is to mean "part" or "mostly" male or female, but not completely. Sort of like those people who say they're hetero or homo flexible - they acknowledge the parts of themselves that set them apart from the "standard".

Anyway, hope that helps!

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Androgyne can mean different things to different people. For myself, it means that I am neither male nor female. On the scale, I'm in the middle between them.

5. antibinary

Androgyne is a combonation of male and female. Gender nuetral just means non binary but not demigender, demiflux, or genderfluid.

6. Void

Hi there :slight_smile:
    I also have been reading, and from what I understood gender-neutral would be considered outside the binary. People wrote that they just felt like no gender at all, whereas people that described themselves as androgyne wrote that they felt like a blend between male and female, as a new gender gender ("in-between") entirely.