1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you Survive high school being trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Clancularius, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I'm currently in the pit of suffering more commonly referred to as high school! Most people I know enjoy high school, but they aren't trans like me:frowning2:. I've been trying to convince my mom to allow me to homeschool myself, but that doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. So most likely I'm going to be stuck in high school which removes any hope that I may be able to transition young. Does anyone have any advice on surviving high school?

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is there an LGBT club at your school that you could join?

3. Quiet Raven

I just kinda pushed through. And tried to push the feelings to the back of mind. I hated it though. But yeah if you can find local LGBT groups, that would be great. I really wish I looked for those then actually.

#3 Quiet Raven, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is there anybody at your school that you would be able to talk to this about? Some schools have counselors that may be able to help you out. If not, are there any teachers at your school that you think that you could talk to about this?

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I hated high school! It was boring and I got bullied. I'm pretty sure the main reason I got bullied was because I'm a trans guy and our school failed to teach us about transgender people. I didn't even know what was 'wrong' with myself until I was 15. They mocked me for not acting girly enough and it was basically hell. Their 'no-tolerance' attitude towards bullying was only a polite front! Such bullshit! I would've done better with a f**king no-tolerance brand knife! In fact, one of the few people that treated me as a human, was expelled form his previous school, for stabbing a bully, and I don't blame him.

Have you considered the possibility of graduating early? If an idiot like me can do it, I'm sure most people can, if they work very hard, and say goodbye to relaxing at breaktime! At this point, I couldn't feel anymore pain, so, I didn't care much about having almost no fun time. Never again!

Other than that, you just have to endure and embrace the madness. I found that writing stories was an interesting escape from my world of torment. I also used to draw pictures of really morbid stuff. You will survive this!

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hey hey! I am just half way through highschool, and have just recently cut my hair short as one of my first moves towards complete transition. I've always fucking hated highschool, always been the kid that was picked on for being "too nice".

But ever since I've started presenting myself as a male, the last two years of high school have completely blurred out and now I'm finally experiencing it the way I want to. I feel so free and happy, I've been discharged from my psychologist and am now only visiting the gender diversity clinic (for obvious reasons). Though, everyone's school is different, so I can't tell you that this will be what happens with you.

I deeply regret not presenting myself as a male earlier, and that is seriously my only regret. You can get through it, there's always a brighter side (getting real cheesy here) but I want you to know that. Just be confident in yourself, fuck what everyone else says because it's your body and only you have the right to judge what happens to it.

You'll get through it, I promise.